4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This probably betrays my musical ignorance but its hard for me to be enthused about any of these titles. No killer rock title or left field choice
Umm seals and croft no. I heard the singles on the radio that was enough.
Yes I like Flacks big hit not sure how much I would listen to a whole album of soft rock. I dont know Hathaways music I know that album is revered here. Hot Tuna probably would take a chance on Burgers.
The prices are good and I may take the plunge when order time comes but not with any excitement. I would rather wait for reviews on Bridge of Sigh than get that with Machine Head maybe....
I can say that Hot Tuna was definitely rock. I'm not sure about any of their individual albums because I only own a 2 disc "best of" collection, but they are definitely rock. Their earlier stuff was more on the folk side but their later stuff was kind of killer rock. Unfortunately, from what I read above this is one of the earlier releases. It's still rock just not the heavier stuff. You should at least check a few tunes out, you might like it enough to justify buying. I'm very interested in hearing what they sound like in a quad.

Otherwise, I agree with your assessment of the other three. Never heard of Hathaway, and like the one hit from Flack and S&C but probably wouldn't listen to much else.
I will have to see if I can talk myself into buying them all again.... it's getting harder.

I have to say, the Deep Purple quad, and surprise four atmos mixes (especially The Doors) have really appeased me to not being so disappointed about these 4 quadios.

One addendum to that. It will include a Carly unreleased quad, possibly Another Passenger. This would fulfill the "blow your mind" comment that FR Steve made. 🙂

Well, unfortunately that rumour has been dispelled . That was one of the disc's of unreleased quads that Steve confirmed last year "does not exist in the WEA vault .
FWIW I gave him quite a big list of rumoured unreleased quads , including some artists I had a small inkling of.
Only 4 were confirmed...J Geils Bloodshot, Foghat Energized , Rod Stewart Atlantic Crossing, and Dionne Warwick Track Of The Cat.
Add that to Jethro Tull Minstrel In The Gallery , and Billy Cobham Spectrum..the two we already knew about.
And those are all from the listings in the Schwann's and Harrison Guides , circa 1975/76.

And two we never knew of previously...Joni Mitchell Miles Of Aisles , and James Taylor In The Pocket. 😎👌

So we have SIX Unreleased QUADS all told.

There are 3 that can't be confirmed, as "the artists own their tapes". That being Neil Young , Led Zeppelin, Van Morrison ...wait no.... I lied, there are 4 , add David Bowie as well.( ask Neil , ask Van , ask Jimi , and ask David's estate was the response I received)

And there might be a chance for Grateful Dead's Steal Your Face , as the music comes from the Quad soundtrack of THE GRATEFUL DEAD MOVIE.
But we'll see.

and that's about it i'm afraid .

I guess we could start speculating about what might be coming in Aug. ‘24?

I’d feel like I’m being ungrateful for the current May Quadio titles which are not yet even delivered.

Or September, I think.
And that's OK. There is plenty to choose from coming soon from Rhino/Wea , what with Alanis Morrisette , The Door Collection Best Of, Fleetwood Mac Rumours...Deep Purple....and who knows between now and the Fall what else is coming out...from WEA ??
LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN

I'm kinda Jazzed , that The Doors Best Of Collection will have The End , in 5.1 Finally!
I'm a Little disappointed Jagged Little Pill won't have a dedicated 5.1 selection , but no matter I bought it anyway.

Well, unfortunately that rumour has been dispelled . That was one of the disc's of unreleased quads that Steve confirmed last year "does not exist in the WEA vault .
FWIW I gave him quite a big list of rumoured unreleased quads , including some artists I had a small inkling of.
Only 4 were confirmed...J Geils Bloodshot, Foghat Energized , Rod Stewart Atlantic Crossing, and Dionne Warwick Track Of The Cat.
Add that to Jethro Tull Minstrel In The Gallery , and Billy Cobham Spectrum..the two we already knew about.
And those are all from the listings in the Schwann's and Harrison Guides , circa 1975/76.

And two we never knew of previously...Joni Mitchell Miles Of Aisles , and James Taylor In The Pocket. 😎👌

So we have SIX Unreleased QUADS all told.

There are 3 that can't be confirmed, as "the artists own their tapes". That being Neil Young , Led Zeppelin, Van Morrison ...wait no.... I lied, there are 4 , add David Bowie as well.( ask Neil , ask Van , ask Jimi , and ask David's estate was the response I received)

And there might be a chance for Grateful Dead's Steal Your Face , as the music comes from the Quad soundtrack of THE GRATEFUL DEAD MOVIE.
But we'll see.

and that's about it i'm afraid .
And we got four unreleased quad tracks on Songs From the Wood, and the unreleased quad mix of Echoes from Meddle. A few dribs and drabs here and there.

Ok let this sink in a minute, “Machine Head” arrives in quad and by all reports is absolutely stunning with sparkling high end, four A-list Quadios are confirmed a go, and a very special box set is bumped up from the back burner to front and center now too!

A detailed hint is forthcoming I sense it, I think so maybe no?

Last edited:
This probably betrays my musical ignorance but its hard for me to be enthused about any of these titles. No killer rock title or left field choice
Umm seals and croft no. I heard the singles on the radio that was enough.
Yes I like Flacks big hit not sure how much I would listen to a whole album of soft rock. I dont know Hathaways music I know that album is revered here. Hot Tuna probably would take a chance on Burgers.
The prices are good and I may take the plunge when order time comes but not with any excitement. I would rather wait for reviews on Bridge of Sigh than get that with Machine Head maybe....
Different strokes for different folks…for my money, this may be the best foursome yet
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Back