Big Big Train "The Likes of Us" - CD/Blu-Ray with Bruce Soord 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes coming 3/1/24

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

I am lying down with fever right now, really not feeling like starting a thread, but here you go:
1701981503828.png

https://justforkicks.de/detail/index/sArticle/16651/sCategory/15Can you guess who didn't mix it?

Last edited:
I am lying down with the fever right now, really not feeling like starting a thread, but here you go:
Got you covered ;)

I tested the Atmos mix for Bruce and he's done excellent work as always. The music is really good too! Alberto Bravin does an awesome job filling David Longdon's shoes. "Beneath The Mast" is epic.

The band released a 'work-in-progress' version of "Last Eleven" last year (link below). The final version on the album is a bit more refined, but you get the idea.

Great news, don't think the band has officially released the news as yet!
1st of March I assume being a Euro site announcing

Isn't it only the US that has the date the wrong way around?!!

I looked at this and thought 3rd January, great, that's not long to wait!
This is confusing for the rest of the world for sure! Better to write the name of the month…

A must pre-order, so done
It's actually pity that they signed by Inside out music instead of Kscope. Inside out mostly produced basic cd/blu ray's. By Kscope you get more for your money, with extra's, instrumentals or acoustic tracks etc

Last edited:
I wonder if this will receive a Japanese release with an exclusive bonus track, as previous BBT albums have (on Belle Antique)? Since InsideOUT is a Sony label, it would seem only fitting.

I had the immmense pleasure of helping Bruce with the surround mix of this album, in particular getting that Big Big Train "feel" right, in Rob's absence (he had a holiday booked, and ran out of time to do the surround mix, if anyone was wondering...)

Bruce's done an absolutely stellar job; getting the sound "right" but also adding a lot of his own flair and style to it.

The album itself is an absolute belter. Absolutely no filler, and reduced me to tears in several places (honestly!) IMHO it's destined to become a BBT classic, right up there with The Underfall Yard and English Electric.

I had the immmense pleasure of helping Bruce with the surround mix of this album, in particular getting that Big Big Train "feel" right, in Rob's absence (he had a holiday booked, and ran out of time to do the surround mix, if anyone was wondering...)

Bruce's done an absolutely stellar job; getting the sound "right" but also adding a lot of his own flair and style to it.

The album itself is an absolute belter. Absolutely no filler, and reduced me to tears in several places (honestly!) IMHO it's destined to become a BBT classic, right up there with The Underfall Yard and English Electric.
I hope one day, that they (BBT) can do also a complete overview as Pineapple Thief did and do, with remixes and Dolby Atmos

I'm not a BBT fan by any means, have an old 5.1(live disc?), that I didn't like and never play. Listened to the new song up on AM and liked both the music and the Atmos mix, may order this one. :)

Back