Big Big Train "The Likes of Us" - CD/Blu-Ray with Bruce Soord 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes coming 3/1/24

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a fan of BBT.

To finally have them in Atmos is a dream come true.

I did wonder why Rob wasn't credited as the mixing engineer.

But I needn't have worried as Bruce will bring his magical mixing skills to enhance this brilliant group.
He is credited for the stereomix, for the Atmos he was not involved, because his time schedule as he booked a holiday

Super excited that BBT is jumping into the surround arena! They have been kind of losing me since the Grand Tour but this new track is starting to win me back. I just hope they find their way to releasing all the Longdon years in surround as well.

Last edited:
They have been kind of losing me since the Grand Tour...
They kind of lost me between English Electric and The Grand Tour, both of which I liked, then again afterwards. I'm trying to keep my expectations low for this one, but with some excitement for a new sound with their new singer. Such a tragic loss of David Longdon. 😔

I wast just reading from Burning Shed newsletter there is a special Atmos listening event(Feb.21) of the new album and is happening in London Uk. Very cool that the band members will be there for the event as well.

See here:

https://burningshed.com/store/bigbigtrain/big-big-train_the-likes-of-us_cd_blu-ray
To celebrate the release of Big Big Train’s new album ‘The Likes Of Us’, a special one-off Dolby Atmos playback event will take place in London on the evening of 21st February 2024, a full week and a half ahead of its official release. Gregory, Alberto, Rikard, Oskar and Clare will be in attendance and taking part in a live Q&A, plus on the night, one lucky fan’s name will be picked out of a hat to win a very limited vinyl test pressing of the new album.

To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to this event, all you have to do is pre-order the album from the band’s store at Burning Shed before midnight UK time on 9th February 2024 and you will be entered into the raffle*. Entrants will be notified on 12th February 2024 if they have been lucky and won tickets. All existing pre-orders are automatically entered into the draw.

Good luck!

*You can also enter the prize draw for free by emailing [email protected]. Please put BIG BIG TRAIN PLAYBACK as the subject line and include your name and where you live in the email.

For anyone interested in the US, Big Big Train are playing a handful of shows there in early March, details here:

https://www.bigbigtrain.com/live/
1 March 2024 Sweetwater Performance Theater, Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
2 March 2024 Rivoli Theater, Rutherford, New Jersey, USA*
3 March 2024 Rivoli Theater, Rutherford, New Jersey, USA*
5 March 2024 Regent Theatre, Arlington (Boston), Massachusetts, USA
6 March 2024 Electric City, Buffalo, New York, USA**
*The two New Jersey shows will feature significantly different set lists.
** The Buffalo show is the only mainland USA show currently scheduled to feature the BBT four piece brass section.

They are a superb band to see in concert.

For anyone interested in the US, Big Big Train are playing a handful of shows there in early March, details here:

https://www.bigbigtrain.com/live/
1 March 2024 Sweetwater Performance Theater, Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
2 March 2024 Rivoli Theater, Rutherford, New Jersey, USA*
3 March 2024 Rivoli Theater, Rutherford, New Jersey, USA*
5 March 2024 Regent Theatre, Arlington (Boston), Massachusetts, USA
6 March 2024 Electric City, Buffalo, New York, USA**
*The two New Jersey shows will feature significantly different set lists.
** The Buffalo show is the only mainland USA show currently scheduled to feature the BBT four piece brass section.

They are a superb band to see in concert.
I hope they eventually make it to the West Coast.

well damn, sold out in Indy already; although I have no idea when they went on sale.
Yeah I was gonna go in 2020 to see the tour that never was there. If this had have been the same line-up it would be a no brainer but it’s not! I will need to fall in love with this line-up as I did the previous Longdon era line-up. I only came to this band out of love for XTC! We will see, sometimes bands loose me with members changing!

Maybe I'll get a ship notice today as well. I bought a multi-channel disc and added a tangerine colored vinyl to the package. I had forgotten where I bought it, maybe Band Wagon...

I found it! I have an app called Shop. It seems to track a lot of my purchases/shipments. I ordered from The Band Wagon USA on Dec 8th. How come that website has no place to sign up for an account?

I found it! I have an app called Shop. It seems to track a lot of my purchases/shipments. I ordered from The Band Wagon USA on Dec 8th. How come that website has no place to sign up for an account?
Shop was where I got my shipping notification. Then an email fallowed. I also got the cd/blu-Ray!

Reactions: GOS
889DCAB0-7A77-46FB-9FB2-D5361B8DBA2F.jpeg

Back