New John Lennon collection, remixed in 5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos out in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre ordered on Amazon US today, 2CD and Blu Ray, $87.58 out the door.
These new releases, Goats Head, etc are really great to get the book, box, etc and no LP's.
I was thinking about ordering from CDJapan to get the SHM CD's but decided to save a few bucks. Looks like all will be on the Blu Ray.

Markie, if you order from AmazonUK, the DELIVERED price is $57.05! Over 30 bucks cheaper than AmazonUS.

Cheaper By The £

Last edited:
udiscovermusic - appears that UD20OFF for 20% off will work if you didn't already use it on Goat's Head Soup... :)

https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/pro...truth-2cd-blu-ray?_pos=6&_sid=82fa1e7dd&_ss=r

At least they list the full 36 TRACKLISTING:

Disc 1
1. Instant Karma! (We All Shine On) (Ultimate Mix)
2. Cold Turkey (Ultimate Mix)
3. Working Class Hero (Ultimate Mix)
4. Isolation (Ultimate Mix)
5. Love (Ultimate Mix)
6. God (Ultimate Mix)
7. Power To The People (Ultimate Mix)
8. Imagine (Ultimate Mix)
9. Jealous Guy (Ultimate Mix)
10. Gimme Some Truth (Ultimate Mix)
11. Oh My Love (Elements Mix) (Ultimate Mix)
12. How Do You Sleep? (Raw Studio 5&6) (Ultimate Mix)
13. Oh Yoko! (Ultimate Mix)
14. Angela (Ultimate Mix)
15. Come Together (Live from Madison Square Garden) (Ultimate Mix)
16. Mind Games (Ultimate Mix)
17. Out The Blue (Ultimate Mix)
18. I Know (I Know) (Ultimate Mix)

Disc 2
1. Whatever Gets You Thru The Night (with Elton John) (Ultimate Mix)
2. Bless You (Ultimate Mix)
3. #9 Dream (Ultimate Mix)
4. Steel And Glass (Ultimate Mix)
5. Stand By Me (Ultimate Mix)
6. Angel Baby (Ultimate Mix)
7. (Just Like) Starting Over (Ultimate Mix)
8. I'm Losing You (Ultimate Mix)
9. Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) (Ultimate Mix)
10. Watching the Wheels (Ultimate Mix)
11. Woman (Ultimate Mix)
12. Dear Yoko (Ultimate Mix)
13. Every Man Has A Woman Who Loves Him (Ultimate Mix)
14. Nobody Told Me (Ultimate Mix)
15. I'm Stepping Out (Ultimate Mix)
16. Grow Old with Me (Ultimate Mix)
17. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) (Ultimate Mix)
18. Give Peace A Chance (Ultimate Mix)

So, has there been any confirmation whether the Imagine mixes on this release will be the same as the ones on the Ultimate box or are they newly mixed for this release? Because I just re-listened to the Imagine 5.1 "Ultimate" album mix and it was just as uninspiring as the first time I heard it. On the plus side, the Quad mix sounded much better than I had remembered!

Anyway, including six tracks from Imagine (to the exclusion of more tracks from other albums) is a bit of a disappointment, but if they are new and improved mixes, then I'm in.

So, has there been any confirmation whether the Imagine mixes on this release will be the same as the ones on the Ultimate box or are they newly mixed for this release? Because I just re-listened to the Imagine 5.1 "Ultimate" album mix and it was just as uninspiring as the first time I heard it. On the plus side, the Quad mix sounded much better than I had remembered!

Anyway, including six tracks from Imagine (to the exclusion of more tracks from other albums) is a bit of a disappointment, but if they are new and improved mixes, then I'm in.

The original IMAGINE remixes were 5.1 [96/24] so those 6 Imagine tracks are going to be NEWLY remixed into Dolby Atmos as well ........so perhaps those so equipped with ATMOS may notice the difference.

IMO, Imagine was HARDLY an audiophile recording and I'm glad I do have Universal's Stereo BD~A which does sound rather good

81I8gDZvY1L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my Amazon UK order details......and it appears my order is legit as it now shows Lennon/Truth when I click on my order details. :)

Today, the conversion is $57.08. When I placed my order originally, the conversion was $56.58. So, what will I be charged??

1598480547226.png
1598480547226.png

And, honestly. I'm quibbling over a few pennies. Worse yet....will I even keep my UK order when I know full well that it likely arrives with pinched corners? And...arrive a couple weeks later? Moose is $61.97 shipped and I'll get it in perfect condition, and pretty damn fast.

I think I know what I'm going to do....

And, honestly. I'm quibbling over a few pennies. Worse yet....will I even keep my UK order when I know full well that it likely arrives with pinched corners? And...arrive a couple weeks later? Moose is $61.97 shipped and I'll get it in perfect condition, and pretty damn fast.

Then the exchange rate will be a moot point right; but we do like to penny (pence) pinch around here don't we? I'd assume that the exchange rate would apply when they charge you, but not sure.

What we ALL should really be concerned about is at the end of a great Surround year ..... how much does the average QQ poster spend on these Surround treasures ........ Literally THOUSANDS not to mention money spent on those archaic formats [Vinyl, Cassette, 8 track, Open Reel] we've replaced them with.

But then again, in the late 50's and early 60's, we used to pay a BUCK for a 45 rpm Single [with a B side track], so in 2020 paying under $2 for a remastered 96/24 John Lennon single on a superior format ...... really isn't that bad considering that 1950~1960 DOLLAR is equivalent NOW to almost $10!

But I'll always ADD: Thank the stars for Dutton Vocalion's ULTRA CONSERVATIVE pricing, MOST especially those two~fers which in the GRAND SCHEME of THINGS are TRULY MANNA FROM ABOVE!!!!!!!🌈

Last edited:
Back