Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my sacd today and the packaging was nicer but keep in mind it cost twice as much as I paid for the BR. Also, as nice as the packaging is, it is still a bastard (non-standard) size compared to standard sacd. It's about the same size as a standard DVD-A jewel case except it is about a ¼ inch taller.
Where was the SACD made? Thanks.

I ordered all 3 versions from AP and got nothing yet, I am feeling left out.

PRODUCT INFORMATION:
=========================================================================================

Qty Item Number Price Total Item
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ALEG 68717 $ 99.98 $ 99.98 Pink Floyd / Animals
1 CAPP 88271 SA $ 35.00 $ 35.00 Pink Floyd / Animals
1 CLEG 73193 $ 24.98 $ 24.98 Pink Floyd / Animals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal: $159.96 Tax: $15.39 S&H Cost: $11.60 ------------------
Total: $186.95
YOU OVERPAID FOR EVERYTHING except the AP SACD which is exclusive to the website! And NO free shipping/handling? Those ANIMALS!

Business must be GREAT these days, MARKIE. LOL!

I just got my sacd today and the packaging was nicer but keep in mind it cost twice as much as I paid for the BR. Also, as nice as the packaging is, it is still a bastard (non-standard) size compared to standard sacd. It's about the same size as a standard DVD-A jewel case except it is about a ¼ inch taller.
The SACD does not have the original mix, correct?

I did find one little thing the Blu-ray had that the sacd and RBCD did not have (besides the 1977 original mix).
The original LP had a dog on the label on side 1 and a sheep and pig on the label on side 2. Only the Blu-ray has the image of the dog label anywhere in the package . All three discs have the pig and sheep on the actual disc (the Blu-ray has a red border the other two black). Trivial but nice to have the art work that was on the original.

I did find one little thing the Blu-ray had that the sacd and RBCD did not have (besides the 1977 original mix).
The original LP had a dog on the label on side 1 and a sheep and pig on the label on side 2. Only the Blu-ray has the image of the dog label anywhere in the package . All three discs have the pig and sheep on the actual disc (the Blu-ray has a red border the other two black). Trivial but nice to have the art work that was on the original.
I can't find the pig and sheep label pic anywhere in my BD packaging. The dog label is there alright. My bluray disc has no red border and shows the pig balloon.

Attachments

• 977F2BF8-04CE-4C89-815A-E0515F9F65D1.jpeg
    977F2BF8-04CE-4C89-815A-E0515F9F65D1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 5595622E-E724-4B1C-8F2B-FDC22EA5BA03.jpeg
    5595622E-E724-4B1C-8F2B-FDC22EA5BA03.jpeg
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 0
I wasn't really familiar with Animals as it never really resonated with me, for whatever reason, upon its' release. I never owned it but heard it a few times at a friends house back in the day.
This bluray release has changed that. Sonically, it sounds great. The 5.1 mix, though not as aggresive as I may have liked still works well. I'm very pleased with my purchase.
Regarding the sleeve the disc sits in. I, like others, am not a fan. It was solved by scanning the outside and resizing to fit a bluray shell/holder.
I did the same for a friend who purchased the bluray.
I did the same thing. Simple process. I especially like that I can make the spine larger so that it fits the larger box better.

Last edited:
I can't find the pig and sheep label pic anywhere in my BD packaging. The dog label is there alright. My bluray disc has no red border and shows the pig balloon.
Your Blu-ray disc is different from mine. All three of mine have the pig and sheep.

View attachment 83854
I have this pig/sheep picture with a burgundy border. Made in Japan on Blu-ray with made in US on back cover.

I noticed this in the poll thread, some of the standalone blu ray’s seem to have the disc label that’s included with the box set for some unknown reason.

Mine has the pig and sheep with the burgundy border as well.

My copy arrived yesterday, but I haven't been able to listen to it yet. Having just recently moved, my system is not yet set up. It'll be among my first listens, once it's up and running.
I do SO understand. I moved over five years ago. My ROOM is nearing completion, but much of the SYSTEM has been in storage so long that I need to test over half of it before I hook it all up. All that vinyl in my avatar won’t be played for a couple more months.

That said, the digital stuff is hooked up, and my BD of Animals is due in today, 🤞

Back