Beatles Revolver Box Set (Dolby Atmos Mix available for streaming; No Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the UK
Arrived Today. Good big Book giving every track full details.

Good on Amazon UK took off £22
refunded.

I am glad I own the bootleg DTS version in full 5.1. Disc.

Will now go through the 2 Outtake CD's

It is so wrong No 5.1 disc via a BluRay DTSHD disc
is not in the mega box set.

Yep...

I'd be interested to know where HDTracks obtained their 96/24 content from. And is it encoded in PCM.wav or FLAC?
Oh... And if they are FLAC, which build of the encoder was used...

Cheers
It seems that the CDs are watermarked so HDTracks may be the best option. I had a tiny peek at the SHF thread, which I can only take in small doses when it comes to stuff Beatles.

Am I the only one getting "Revolver Fatigue"? I will be happy to get out my wallet when they have a multi channel disc to sell me. Otherwise I am getting a little tired of hearing about it. One Beatle fan vlogger theorizes that they didn't produce a mch disc because the Peter Jackson set only sold 43,000 units (his figures 43,000X $40=1.72 million dollars. Not enough??)

It's an interesting hypothesis.
However I don't buy it.
The "Get Back" Blu-Ray was released in July, and the Revolver sets came out in late October, just a few days ago.
In order for Apple to have met that release date for Revolver, decisions regarding content and packaging would have been made 6-9 months ago in order to meet the manufacturing order deadlines.
Therefore I doubt sales of the Get Back Blu-Ray had anything to do with the decisions around Revolver.

It's an interesting hypothesis.
However I don't buy it.
The "Get Back" Blu-Ray was released in July, and the Revolver sets came out in late October, just a few days ago.
In order for Apple to have met that release date for Revolver, decisions regarding content and packaging would have been made 6-9 months ago in order to meet the manufacturing order deadlines.
Therefore I doubt sales of the Get Back Blu-Ray had anything to do with the decisions around Revolver.
Plus, the failure to include any bonus content on the physical release of Get Back certainly had an impact on sales. Count me as 1 person who refused to buy it.

It seems that the CDs are watermarked so HDTracks may be the best option...
Watermarked with what?

EDIT: Please provide a link to the source information regarding the CD releases?
It's been stated on Discogs that the 96/24 FLAC: "release from Qobuz has been altered using a DRM watermark by the Korean company MarkAny"...

Last edited:
Plus, the failure to include any bonus content on the physical release of Get Back certainly had an impact on sales. Count me as 1 person who refused to buy it.
And I'm another one who sat out the physical release of Get Back for the same reason (and I'm also sitting out the Revolver box set as well since they didn't include the 5.1 Atmos mix on Blu-Ray).

Am I the only one getting "Revolver Fatigue"? I will be happy to get out my wallet when they have a multi channel disc to sell me. Otherwise I am getting a little tired of hearing about it. One Beatle fan vlogger theorizes that they didn't produce a mch disc because the Peter Jackson set only sold 43,000 units (his figures 43,000X $40=1.72 million dollars. Not enough??)

I also think calling the stereo Hi Rez is a a misnomer because you can't extract "hi rez" from a 55 year old analog magnetic tape. Barely CD quality actually. The popular music business has always been famously corrupt and it wouldn't surprise me if/that the streaming services may have paid a bribe to keep something desireable on their platforms.

I never ever owned a bootleg anything until about three months ago , but have discovered there is an entire massive world of Beatles "unofficial releases" available out there. Some of them amazingly good quality. Next Sunday there is a Record Show in St. Louis and I will be looking. It strikes me that releasing something officially would be a disincentive for the rip and release crowd.

I’m not sure there is anything corrupt about an artist or record company granting exclusive rights to a certain mix (ATMOS) to a streaming service in exchange for a nice rate per play.

It seems that the CDs are watermarked so HDTracks may be the best option. I had a tiny peek at the SHF thread, which I can only take in small doses when it comes to stuff Beatles.
99% of UMG stuff has been watermarked since the early 2000s. If the CDs are watermarked, unlikely the HDTracks is not because the only times in recent memory that UMG has not watermarked a release is physical media only AFAIK.

Edit: I don't even know if UMG is distributing the Beatles album but they're the only company I know who watermarks their music.

What does it mean when the CDs are “watermarked?” Can they not be ripped?
They can be ripped just fine. They include a "non-audible" (which is clearly audible to a lot of people) watermark that tampers with the audio quality and can be preserved through lossy encoding to help find pirate copies on the net.

The problem is that UMG doesn't only add this to the streaming service versions, where majority of the internet piracy is done, but to the physical versions as well.

Yep...

I'd be interested to know where HDTracks obtained their 96/24 content from. And is it encoded in PCM.wav or FLAC?
Oh... And if they are FLAC, which build of the encoder was used...

Cheers
I do not know how to answer most questions, but I have purchased from HDTracks for years and 100% of the time they are FLAC.

Is it possible that they sold out of the first run of the blu-ray?

I tried to pick up another Blu-ray (as a Christmas present for someone) at the beginning of October and the copies on Amazon were double what they should have been (DVD version was still available). The Beatles Store (US) indicated a price of $45 but they wouldn't be shipping until the end of the month. I kept checking back as that ship date got close and also kept checking Amazon. About a week ago Amazon had it for $35 with "This title will be released on Nov 8, 2022". So that would only make sense if there is a second run being produced which means sales figures are not final.

https://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Get-...ifQ==&sprefix=beatlles+get+back,aps,85&sr=8-2

I don't agree with the theory that limited sales of "Get Back" was the reason for not including a Blu-ray with the Atmos mix of "Revolver". This is like comparing apples to oranges, as the Get Back set is not an original Beatles album release. Instead, a true comparison to Sgt Peppers, White Album, Abbey Road, and Let it Be would be a apples to apples comparison. What are the sales of those massive deluxe boxes? Those define the immersive Beatles physical media listener IMO. What is clear is that the lable missed the mark on the Revolver box set.

I finished listening to all of the Revolver Box Set. I listened to the 2022 mix at the home rig and was a beautiful listen.
The other discs I listened to in the car and loved all the tracks.
There is something about Beatles that hearing them evolve thru a song is quite good, I mean they are The Lads, the originals.
Now it is time to go thru the book.

Back