Beatles Revolver Box Set (Dolby Atmos Mix available for streaming; No Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally getting to hear some of this in Atmos.

Taxman and I'm Only Sleeping...they suck.

Rigby, Love You To and Here There And Everywhere are pretty good.

Yellow Sub, as expected, is really nice.

She Said, She Said is better than I expected.

Need to listen to side 2, but in general it's a variable trip, so far.

Side 2:

Good Day Sunshine: Do these people know the definition of surround sound? What came out of the 2009 remaster processed by the Tate II is better than this.

Bird: A difficult track to deal with. Came out better in Atmos than I would have expected.

(Just boosted all speakers except center and fronts by 3 dB. That seems to really help with most of the heavily front centric songs. Yeah, it would be easier to lower the three front speakers by 3dB. 😊)

Enjoying Dr. with channel adjustments.

Yes it will! Although Tidal support could not seem to give me this simple piece of information! At any rate, I do have a question: Are others experiencing a very low signal level output from the Firestick and Tidal Atmos? I am.
Yes, that's one of the reasons I changed to ATV and Apple Music, and second the price. :cool:

Beware of what you get when you buy the HDTracks 24/96 download ( not sure about Qobuz)
I paid my bucks yesterday and as I aways do i checked the waveform frequency. I went through the so called remastered 2022 album vs alternate takes and found that the new 14 track mix is lacking some high end . Nothing gets above 30Khz. I know I do not have dog ears but I still like to get what i pay for. Maybe the demix technology has an impact ??
See below 1st Dr. Robert 2022 mix . 2nd Dr. Robert take 7 (No demix used ??)
1667300859670.png

1667300945741.png

Am I the only one getting "Revolver Fatigue"? I will be happy to get out my wallet when they have a multi channel disc to sell me. Otherwise I am getting a little tired of hearing about it. One Beatle fan vlogger theorizes that they didn't produce a mch disc because the Peter Jackson set only sold 43,000 units (his figures 43,000X $40=1.72 million dollars. Not enough??)

I also think calling the stereo Hi Rez is a a misnomer because you can't extract "hi rez" from a 55 year old analog magnetic tape. Barely CD quality actually. The popular music business has always been famously corrupt and it wouldn't surprise me if/that the streaming services may have paid a bribe to keep something desireable on their platforms.

I never ever owned a bootleg anything until about three months ago , but have discovered there is an entire massive world of Beatles "unofficial releases" available out there. Some of them amazingly good quality. Next Sunday there is a Record Show in St. Louis and I will be looking. It strikes me that releasing something officially would be a disincentive for the rip and release crowd.

Last edited:
Isn't Tidal more money than Apple Music?
That’s what I thought until I discovered (at least in the USA) that Best Buy offers Tidal subscriptions that are managed directly by Best Buy. So you can purchase a 12 month Tidal HiFi subscription for $119.99.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-...9-99-per-year-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163
I believe I read recently that Apple Music is increasing its monthly subscription fee, so it is possible that you can lock in Tidal and have it be cheaper.

I now have 3 Revolvers. SHM CD released 12/6/2017, the 2022 box set and the 2022 HDTracks.
Both the 2022 versions sound better than the 2017 version, the 2017 version has better DR numbers that are up about 2, but sounds more subdued/flat than the 2022 versions.
The HDTracks 24 bit vs the 16 bit Box CD, sound the same.

If I had to do over again, I would not have purchased the HDTRacks 2022 release.

The box set CD's are a good purchase.

Sorry, I had to double dip, but that is the nature of this sport, at least now you know.

I now have 3 Revolvers. SHM CD released 12/6/2017, the 2022 box set and the 2022 HDTracks.
Both the 2022 versions sound better than the 2017 version, the 2017 version has better DR numbers that are up about 2, but sounds more subdued/flat than the 2022 versions.
The HDTracks 24 bit vs the 16 bit Box CD, sound the same.

If I had to do over again, I would not have purchased the HDTRacks 2022 release.

The box set CD's are a good purchase.

Sorry, I had to double dip, but that is the nature of this sport, at least now you know.
Aren't the mastering the same on the CDs and HDTracks version?

Back