Kansas "The Absence of Presence" CD+5.1 Blu-Ray coming 6/26/2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its shit
its shit
its shit
its shit
its shit.

heaven forbid they mix one of their Classic albums in the same manner.
So what other surround dreams will you be crushing to an unsavory soupe then dear Adam?

GHS.jpg

Out of curiosity (again!) I went to the InsideOut website, and I only had the option for the Artbook (which I already have via the 'Shed) no CD/BD combo, so the record company website must have identified my IP address as UK and given me only those options. So curious as to why, probably down to some nebulous marketing.

As for the UK being in the EU we're officially not, but in a transition period until 31st Dec. After this time we'll end up as either, the 53rd state of the USA if you listen to some over here, rebuild our empire if you listen to others, re-join the EU going by some voices, sell out to the highest bidder, breakup into ever more insignificant mini-countries, or simply just fade away. Whatever happens the really import thing is..... I will still need to be able to buy good music in surround! :LOL:

No matter what, the United Kingdom and his people always will be a great, an awesome partner and friend of USA

Regards,

I don't have this release, and I'm not planning on getting it, so I need to know from all of you who have this release and have listened to it so far, is this release worthy of a poll thread for it?

Let me know, please!

:)

a brand new album by a major act, released day and date in Surround, feels like it should have a Poll.

So what other surround dreams will you be crushing to an unsavory soupe then dear Adam?

View attachment 54080

baa! ๐Ÿ‘ i won't be buying the Stones Goats Head Soup box unless i see a serious deal on one, times are tough and there's guaranteed quality DV stuff on the horizon i'm saving up for ๐Ÿ™‚

Other than a quick surround stunt in the Propulsion 1 track, I am not sure anything mix-wise is better than the up-mix algorithm in my receiver would have produced. It's also a loud, cluttered mix, overall. This certainly isn't Scheiner/Wilson-school mixing. My expectations were low, though.

In any case, it's nice to see them producing new music, even if they are basically riding on Rizvi and Brislin at this point. Both are clearly talented guys and Brislin, who I met very briefly in person on Cruise to the Edge, is just a really nice person, generally. I am very happy to see him having this opportunity.

I had pre-ordered from the Kansas Band web site. Tuesday night I got the shipped notice plus tracking number.
Since I had pre-ordered from their web site, they promised an additional Lithograph and Guitar Pick in the shipment for waiting through the June-July delay :)
I pre-ordered as well. It arrived yesterday. For some reason they shipped in a soft envelope so the Lithograph suffered damage.

I pre-ordered as well. It arrived yesterday. For some reason they shipped in a soft envelope so the Lithograph suffered damage.
Mine also arrived in an envelope and I was stunned that the print was mostly undamaged. I don't know what they were thinking not even putting a cardboard backer in for a little bit of stiffness.

Amazon comes through once again with the low price guarantee, out for delivery.
:51QQ

You saved $7.38 with Pre-order Price Guarantee! The price of the following item decreased after you ordered, and we gave you the lowest price.
Price on order date:​
$18.98​
Price charged at shipping:​
$15.79​
Lowest price before release date:​
$11.88​
Amount to be refunded:​
$3.91 (+ $0.28 tax)​
Quantity:​
1​
Total Savings:​
$7.38​
You will automatically receive a refund of $4.19. You will receive an additional e-mail when this refund is processed.

Back