Porcupine Tree 5.1 remasters - Deadwing / In Absentia - getting nearer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a frustrating conversation with Amazon UK about the replacement disc programme mentioned at the Burning Shed site. I just wanted to make sure that I would receive a replacement Blu-ray when it is available but it seems that my only option is to return the whole set and re-order in the future. As the price has already increased slightly at Amazon UK I am unlikely to re-order through Amazon so it looks as though Burning Shed will be my only option should I decide I actually want a 5.1 mix that is still problematic. It's amazing how much effort can go into something which gets mucked up (to put it politely) at the final hurdle. :mad:

I've emailed customer support at ImportCDS but haven't received a reply as of yet(today is Saturday so that's not at all surprising and no knock against ImportCDS). Interestingly, I had originally placed my order with Burning Shed but canceled given the higher price that they were charging. Anyway, I'll come back and post what ImportCDS has to tell me once I hear back from them. I'm not hopeful and I predict that I will end up having to return my copy once it arrives 3 days from now. Anyway, I'm at least glad to hear that Burning Shed, despite their name, is not BS.

I've emailed customer support at ImportCDS but haven't received a reply as of yet(today is Saturday so that's not at all surprising and no knock against ImportCDS). Interestingly, I had originally placed my order with Burning Shed but canceled given the higher price that they were charging. Anyway, I'll come back and post what ImportCDS has to tell me once I hear back from them. I'm not hopeful and I predict that I will end up having to return my copy once it arrives 3 days from now. Anyway, I'm at least glad to hear that Burning Shed, despite their name, is not BS.
Mine's also on it's way from ImportCD. My guess is we'll have to deal directly with Kscope for replacement. I'm just hoping the phase issue is addressed in addition to the missing content.

Hi, could anybody sell the faulty Blu-Ray to me for some bucks once the replacement is available? - provided you don't have to return it... Would also be happy with the DVDA, though...

a) What is the reasoning here, Froggy?
b) Those pics look the same to me!

Maybe these images would help, zoomed in on the 3rd and 4th waveforms, with an asterisk added to keep you centered:

Pre-cut

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 4.42.25 PM.png

Post-cut

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 4.44.30 PM.png

My Burning Shed order arrived safe and sound in Tennessee this morning. (y)
Yeah, I got my copy from ImportCDS just yesterday. It remains sealed while I wait to hear back about a potential future blu ray replacement. The way I see it, either Kscope does the right thing or Steven Wilson will have to step in. He has a solid fan base and this is, perhaps, the most successful release of his own music so he has a lot to lose if buyers are pissed.

For all those that didn't buy through Burning Shed I'd email your vendor for info on when the new BDA will be sent out. There are very strong links between Burning Shed & KScope/Steven Wilson. These don't exist with other suppliers, so they probably know nothing about the issue. I would imagine Steven Wilson has already been involved.

Question, I played the DVD of In Absentia and played the DTS format, however it upscaled to all my speakers (7.1.4), how can I keep this to just the 5.1 channels?

Question, I played the DVD of In Absentia and played the DTS format, however it upscaled to all my speakers (7.1.4), how can I keep this to just the 5.1 channels?
Interesting question. My AVR does that with anything DTS too. Hasn't bothered me enough to investigate.
Direct mode should solve it, but I don't like to give up room calibration.

Back