Primus - Sailing The Seas Of Cheese to be released in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve ripped min but haven’t listened yet. What program is that? I’ll check it out
I guess you mean Audacity for the wave forms? and MakeMKV for ripping the Blu-ray?
I mean, these were very reasonably priced, so I'm not out much; I just hope it's me doing something stupid that I haven't figured out yet.

Okay that's what I have open; this is from the US version:

cheese1.jpg

I can verify whats going on with Pups issue. This new batch rips like his graphs. I have an old rip from the BRD from a few years ago and it looks like Tims graph. Damn... I am using an old version of Audiomuxwr and a slightly old version of MKV to rip. I know they have worked in the past with no problems. I ripped the LPCM 5.1 tracks. Somethings up with the disks.

MKV gives me 2 identical looking titles with 13 chapters. Im gonn try rippin the other set to flac.

From the poll thread, linked above:

The faulty disc had Barcode #0602537316656. If yours doesn't match you're OK.

And the one I got from the amazon link upthread is all good- so you should be fine, since I think that's how you got yours?

From the poll thread, linked above:

The faulty disc had Barcode #0602537316656. If yours doesn't match you're OK.

And the one I got from the amazon link upthread is all good- so you should be fine, since I think that's how you got yours?
I did get mine from the upthread Amazon uplink, but it does have the dreaded barcode you indicate and it does sound ‘odd’ to my ear - something with the low end and overall front stage balance just doesn’t sound right.

With the LPCM 5.1 track, it seems like all of Les’ bass emanates from my RF speaker. On Jerry, there’s literally nothing coming from my LF speaker. When I switch to the TrueHD 5.1, the front stage on Jerry is totally in the Center and the RF, with nothing again in the LF. Have now confirmed this imbalance is pretty much consistent across the entire disc - LF speaker info is essentially non-existent. Conclusion: my disc is totally fucked and it really pisses me off!

• Sad
Reactions: GOS
I did get mine from the upthread Amazon uplink, but it does have the dreaded barcode you indicate and it does sound ‘odd’ to my ear - something with the low end and overall front stage balance just doesn’t sound right.

With the LPCM 5.1 track, it seems like all of Les’ bass emanates from my RF speaker. On Jerry, there’s literally nothing coming from my LF speaker. When I switch to the TrueHD 5.1, the front stage on Jerry is totally in the Center and the RF, with nothing again in the LF. Have now confirmed this imbalance is pretty much consistent across the entire disc - LF speaker info is essentially non-existent. Conclusion: my disc is totally fucked and it really pisses me off!
I believe the Amazon linked to above is the same one I got (and EU hosed up copy); it should say "Made in the EU" -see my copy scan upper left.
And bar code might be the same as the US version :unsure:

STSOC.jpg

Sorry to hear. Funny that Amazon had both USA and EU versions to sell...

Upon checking mine was sold by QualityCD&DVD but fulfilled by Amazon.

I also notice they have these back in stock (up to $24.99); hope you can return yours and get a good copy. But better be quick...

Well, crap. I also jumped on the tip upthread, and I got the dreaded EU version. I've listened to only about half of it, but it did sound odd. I hope I can return it.

You can definitely return it. The only question is will you be able to get a correct copy as a replacement or have to settle for a refund.

Great. I just ordered this album yesterday (at $24.95) and I checked the link and it's the same EU version so I'm guessing I'll have to return it and I haven't even got it yet. WTF haven't they pulled 100% of these if they're defective? Nothing quite ticks a person off than a giant batch of defective crap that they keep selling anyway.

Is there any program that can rearrange the channels into the correct order? I don't play off discs anyway. I just dump and use KODI off my whole house server. It seems like FFMpeg might be able to rearrange them from what I'm reading about it if we know the correct order.

Is there any program that can rearrange the channels into the correct order? I don't play off discs anyway. I just dump and use KODI off my whole house server. It seems like FFMpeg might be able to rearrange them from what I'm reading about it if we know the correct order.
Its not a problem that can be solved with channel re-arrangement alone. Info seems to be missing from the LFE/CC as well.

Back