Santana's "Caravanserai" on Hybrid Multichannel SACD in 7" Mini-LP Packaging!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would just like to say that I have always been impressed with the shipping and packaging from CDJapan with these 7" SACDs. I honestly do not think the shipping is that expensive. They use an oversized box, the thing is wrapped in bubblewrap, and it arrives very quickly - in many cases, quicker than places based in the USA!! I always chose their standard DHL shipping and it has never failed for me, and I've bought every one of these things.

I would hope many of you agree. They do a great job getting this stuff delivered

All JP SACDs.jpg

i would just like to say that I have always been impressed with the shipping and packaging from CDJapan with these 7" SACDs. I honestly do not think the shipping is that expensive. They use an oversized box, the thing is wrapped in bubblewrap, and it arrives very quickly - in many cases, quicker than places based in the USA!! I always chose their standard DHL shipping and it has never failed for me, and I've bought every one of these things.

I would hope many of you agree. They do a great job getting this stuff delivered

View attachment 85748
Shipping to Norway with DHL was nearly the cost of the item, and FedEx was not available, so I went for Air Mail with tracking and insurance. It will arrive soon enough. ;) Enjoy.:)

Shipping to Norway with DHL was nearly the cost of the item, and FedEx was not available, so I went for Air Mail with tracking and insurance. It will arrive soon enough. ;) Enjoy.:)

Ooops. I never thought of shipping to 'other parts of the world'. Shipping to the US was pretty fair. I will say, however, that when I sell stuff on eBay, if the buyer is in Europe or overseas, the shipping is outrageous. Sometimes shipping a single DVD-A to Europe can be almost $30 with the cheapest rate. It makes no sense to me

View attachment 85748
I agree. Never an issue with them.

I only got my DHL shipping info today, yet the package is already in my general area which was a surprise. Normally I get the tracking number while the package is still in Japan.

Don’t know yet if I’ll get it delivered today, though. We have snow coming later today, so if they don’t sneak in soon, there could be a delay.

My own small, but growing, collection of mini-LPs from Japan:

CDJapan.JPG

View attachment 85748
A Beautiful sight, Jon. Thoroughly enjoy!

My very recent FREE FED EX shipment from Elusive Disc consisting of THREE VERY HEAVILY DISCOUNTED sales items was not only wrapped in bubblewrap in a very oversize box but they even enclosed my 1/2 price SONY K2 mastered CD in a separate little sealed box .......within the package!

And what I LOVE about Elusive Disc ... they don't charge LOCAL sales Tax which in my case is 8.375%!

Arrived!

Very pleased w/DHL & Japan CD, as always.

50 years ago, nearly to the day, the 2ch was released. Had some time between college classes. A rum run (trip to record store) into town to get this. Brought it back and first spin in my HS friend's dorm at another college a mile away. Friend's roommate asked, "when are they going to play something?" Finished playing side 1 and they switched to Joni's Blue.

Love this album. Rebought it on Q8 & SQ. Later got an EU CD a year or two before US CD dropped. Bought it yet again on Japan SACD.

Nice discrete mix and some nice licks. The cover of Jobim's Stone Flower has always been my fave here.

Believe that Greatest Hits was the next album after Love, Devotion and Welcome, and it was Quad. Santana I was FINALLY released in Quad in early '74, as well.

Arrived!

Very pleased w/DHL & Japan CD, as always.

50 years ago, nearly to the day, the 2ch was released. Had some time between college classes. A rum run (trip to record store) into town to get this. Brought it back and first spin in my HS friend's dorm at another college a mile away. Friend's roommate asked, "when are they going to play something?" Finished playing side 1 and they switched to Joni's Blue.

Love this album. Rebought it on Q8 & SQ. Later got an EU CD a year or two before US CD dropped. Bought it yet again on Japan SACD.

Nice discrete mix and some nice licks. The cover of Jobim's Stone Flower has always been my fave here.

Believe that Greatest Hits was the next album after Love, Devotion and Welcome, and it was Quad. Santana I was FINALLY released in Quad in early '74, as well.
Those glossy CTI gatefold covers always were, IMO as well, works of art!

R.0a094786e20b9222509419ee193e993c
51ANPVcu8SL.jpg
Newly released as a UHQ MQA encoded CD

Last edited:
Yesterday I received a message from CD Japan that my order was being shipped. :) I had ordered two discs "Caravanserai" and "Santana/Miles Live".:D

Even before that (almost a day before) I had received a notice from DHL "Import Duty and/or Tax and Customs Clearance Service Charges Payment Alert". I owed them Canadian $30. o_O Already today I received a reminder to pay and I don't think that the shipment has even left Japan yet! I can't believe just how demanding they are!:poop: I hope that normal postal service is restored soon. I seldom get dinged extra when things are shipped by regular mail!

Well much to my surprise the Caravanserai JSACD arrived today via DHL. Considering the release date is 11/30 it's amazing that it made it's way from Japan a day before the release date. As usual the packaging from CDJapan is outstanding. The disc is packed in an oversized box with paper for cushioning then the disc itself is in a bubble wrap sleeve. Incredible!

The SACD packaging is also incredible. The outer cardboard sleeve is printed in a high gloss with an almost metallic printed album cover. The packaging of these Santana JSACDs are excellent IMO. Now to the best part... drum roll please... the 4.0 SQ is easily by far the best of all of the Santana 4.0 SACDs IMO. The 4.0 mix is very immersive with excellent instrument separation and clarity. My favorite track on the entire album Song of the Wind is playing and it sounds amazing!

I highly recommend anyone that is a fan of Santana, Caravanserai and 4.0 quad order this right away from CDJapan! The shipping cost from DHL is not cheap but they provided email updates right to the point of delivery at my front door.

Hopefully Borboletta and Welcome will be soon to follow!

I've always used registered air mail from CDJapan to Norway, has always worked great. Not as fast as DHL, but usually around 10 days, 14 max. I've even dodged the tax several times too for whatever reason...

Back