4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rhino site is saying that "Paranoid" is unavailable to order. Looks like it sold out it's first run.

If true, than that is good news for Rhino and the Quadio format. Hope it is not bad news for my order that has not been given an emailed shipping or tracking notice as of yet.

One of the titles, Paranoid, says it's currently unavailable, so can't order the bundle. The other 3 still show in stock.

Looks like Black Sabbath won the race in selling out 1st, a week. There is a "notify me" button for Paranoid so it appears that there will be more coming at some point.
You posted this first I see. But still great news .. sort of.

FYI: I just checked the Paranoid Wikipedia entry, I just added the info about the Rhino Quadio release, if anyone wants to spend some time providing more info (purchase link, article links) in the Wikipedia entry, I think it would be helpful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_(album)
edit:
sadly, it's already been taken out, probably because I didn't provide a link to back up my statement (this has happened to me before when editing Wikipedia)

Kirk Bayne
Ok, I did find your submitted contribution.

"On June 23, 2023 a Blu-ray (mostly audio) disc was released by Rhino records which contains the original quadraphonic mix (and the stereo mix), both remastered for the highest fidelity."

Here is a part of the problem. "mostly audio" is an odd thing to include in this case, as it is an audio disc, no videos here that I could find. Remastered for highest fidelity is an opinion, or a marketing slogan, not considered factual.

If one is going to get into the mastering here then the "mastering" engineer should be mentioned, as simply "remastered by Craig Anderson for this 2023 Quadio branded Blu-Ray release."

And I guess sourcing the info from the Rhino site is a good idea.

Discs have arrived! Looking forward to digging in.

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpeg
    IMG_0679.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Okay, I just BLASTED Paranoid in both Quad and Stereo and they sound Great! Like right off the reel tape.

Yes, I checked my emails. Everything good. Just waiting for the other two.

Right now, a fantastic deal on the bundle. 4th of July Sale and coupon code brings the price way down.

Okay, I just BLASTED Paranoid in both Quad and Stereo and they sound Great! Like right off the reel tape.

Yes, I checked my emails. Everything good. Just waiting for the other two.

Right now, a fantastic deal on the bundle. 4th of July Sale and coupon code brings the price way down.
Just received mine today. I am also in the Bay Area. Ordered on Sunday (25th). Can't wait!

Ok, I did find your submitted contribution.

"On June 23, 2023 a Blu-ray (mostly audio) disc was released by Rhino records which contains the original quadraphonic mix (and the stereo mix), both remastered for the highest fidelity."

Here is a part of the problem. "mostly audio" is an odd thing to include in this case, as it is an audio disc, no videos here that I could find. Remastered for highest fidelity is an opinion, or a marketing slogan, not considered factual.

If one is going to get into the mastering here then the "mastering" engineer should be mentioned, as simply "remastered by Craig Anderson for this 2023 Quadio branded Blu-Ray release."

And I guess sourcing the info from the Rhino site is a good idea.
There IS a menu screen. 🤷‍♂️

I guess, if ya can't beat 'em join 'em.

Just got my Paranoid in, but won't get to mess with it 'til tomorrow.

Should get J. Geils Monday (have no earthly clue about the other ones!)

I'd really love it if Rhino could adopt the same packaging that Dutton Vocalion uses; it's a kind of corrugated cardboard shrink wrap (to ship all four at once for god's sake.) I had planned on looking at the product's info (which IIRC is on the packaging) but all mine are already in the recycle.

You guys have been in business long enough, that this should not be an issue (yes, sorry but I am a wee bit perturbed by this.)

On the up-up-up-up side... LOTS OF BEAUTIFUL DIGITAL QUAD to wallow in shortly

:QQlove

2:44 PM central daylight time. Check of the mailbox - proceed directly to the quad system and strap in!
EDIT: AMAZING fidelity! You may crank this well past much of what you have.

View attachment 93382
Ordered two of the bundles - one for me and one for my brother. Got immediate order confirmation and thanks from Rhino*. Never did receive a shipment notice and have yet to receive any of the discs. Man, I really want to crank Paranoid in a major way after seeing your pic!

*-mod edit

Back