5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have a link to preorder this and see the track listing? Searching for anything Hendrix is crazy trying to get exactly this new release. Thanks!

Anyone have a link to preorder this and see the track listing? Searching for anything Hendrix is crazy trying to get exactly this new release. Thanks!
There's no pre-order links for this collection right now since it's on hold. However, here's a description & track listing for the set.

Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision is the latest in-depth project from Experience Hendrix, encompassing 3CD/ 1 Blu-Ray DVD of previously unreleased music Jimi Hendrix recorded at his newly created recording facility in 1970. The deluxe box set offers 39 tracks (38 previously unreleased) that were recorded by the new-look Experience (Billy Cox on bass, Mitch Mitchell on drums) at Electric Lady Studios between June and August of 1970, just before the legendary musician’s untimely death the following month. The project also includes 20 newly created 5.1 surround sound mixes of the entire First Rays Of The New Rising Sun album plus three bonus tracks [“Valleys Of Neptune,” “Pali Gap,” and “Lover Man”]. The Blu-ray includes the critically acclaimed, full-length documentary Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision. The film chronicles the creation of the studio, rising from the rubble of a bankrupt Manhattan nightclub to state-of-the-art recording facility inspired by Hendrix’s desire for a permanent studio. Directed by John McDermott and Produced by Janie Hendrix, George Scott and McDermott, the film features exclusive interviews with Steve Winwood [who joined Hendrix on the first night of recording at the new studio], Experience bassist Billy Cox, and original Electric Lady staff members who helped Hendrix realize his dream. The documentary includes never-before-seen footage and photos as well as track breakdowns of Hendrix classics such as “Freedom,” Angel” and “Dolly Dagger” by recording engineer Eddie Kramer. The package includes an extensive booklet filled with unpublished photos, Hendrix’s handwritten song drafts, and comprehensive liner notes.

Tracklist
[CD1]
1 Ezy Ryder 2 Valleys of Neptune 3 Straight Ahead 4 Drifter's Escape 5 Astro Man 6 Astro Man 7 Drifting 8 Night Bird Flying 9 Farther Up the Road 10 The Long Medley: Astro Man / Beginnings / Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) / Midnight Lightning (Keep On Groovin') / Freedom

[CD2]
1 Earth Blues 2 Dolly Dagger 3 Angel 4 Beginnings 5 Lover Man 6 Tune X / Just Came In 7 Heaven Has No Sorrow 8 Freedom 9 Valleys of Neptune 10 Come Down Hard On Me 11 Dolly Dagger 12 Messing Around 13 Tune X / Just Came In 14 Drifting 15 Freedom 16 Belly Button Window

[CD3]
1 Dolly Dagger 2 Night Bird Flying 3 Freedom 4 Midnight Lightning / Beginnings 5 Straight Ahead 6 In From the Storm 7 Bolero / Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) 8 Drifter's Escape 9 Astro Man 10 Bleeding Heart 11 Drifting 12 Room Full of Mirrors 13 Angel

[Blu-ray]
1 Freedom 2 Valleys of Neptune 3 Ezy Ryder 4 Angel 5 Izabella 6 Lover Man 7 Night Bird Flying 8 My Friend 9 Dolly Dagger 10 Slow Poli Gap 11 Straight Ahead 12 Drifting 13 Beginnings 14 Stepping Stone 15 Hey Baby (New Rising Sun) 16 Earth Blues 17 In From the Storm 18 Room Full of Mirrors 19 Astro Man 20 Belly Button Window

Thank you. I would think the BD is all surround. The Cry of Love should sound phenomenal. I have the Electric Ladyland box and was wondering why All along the Watchtower was so poorly mastered in surround. Looking at the wav's it was only quad but there was a very short weird glitch that popped into the CC in my car and I thought my CC volume knob needed cleaning. Anybody else catch that or was it my ripping?

Some chatter over on the other forum shows that the Amazon link is live again.

Screenshot_20230106-111533_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon, today says,
Temporarily out of stock.
We are working hard to be back in stock as soon as possible.

I canceled my order a long time ago, if it happens I will reorder.

Add to List

Back