Bob Dylan "Time Out Of Mind" - SDE Blu-Ray #8

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, Bob Dylan's singing is horrible tuneless wailing to me. I have a lot more time for other people singing Dylan songs.
And fortunately for you, Make You Feel My Love from Time Out Of Mind is now considered a classic in the Great American Songbook, covered by crooners, who might be more to your taste

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jan/31/make-you-feel-my-love-bob-dylan
It's an amazing coup for Paul to be able to licence from Sony's catalogue. Apart from the occasional SACD multichannel release from Japan, very few of their catalogue releases have seen the light of day, during the past decade. I have the 20 year old Dylan SACD box - only six albums were released with a multichannel mix in that.

I hope this blu-ray sells truckloads, so that Sony will give hime some more!

Me too. I don't like Dylan voice. But I have ordered it, for the sake of helping SDE.

I have it also in 360RA from Tidal (Not Atmos), so I will have the oportunity to compare both mixes.
LOL! I never minded his voice at all really. I suppose it's an acquired taste. I probably appreciate his older stuff more than anything much later than 1980. I suspect I will like this. I bet the fidelity will be off the charts.

I would have preferred Oh Mercy in Atmos, the songs on the there and production are tremendous and I'm not even a huge Dylan fan, but I'm interested enough to pick this one up and fingers crossed Sony will be keen to see some product on a format the parent company is one of the biggest IP holders of.

Sorry - didn't see posts had been merged to other thread.

Last edited:
I had to think about this one for a bit. I like a lot of Dylan's music, dislike some and am indifferent to most. I figured I'd take a chance on this since it is surround, blu-ray, stand alone, and limited.
This will be the first, non-compilation album of Dylan's I've ever owned. I should have bought the original multi-channel sacds when they came out but passed on them because there were so many others that I wanted of those original Sony sacds. Had I known sacds would largely be abandoned and go OOP, I may have been more proactive in buying more of them quickly.

Just ordered, 8:00am in California, see plenty of time.
Happy for this release but disappointed also.
I have no idea how giant record companies, especially Columbia and small companies like SDE come together.
I purchased this Dylan- Fragments CD Box Set from Amazon and got it about two weeks ago, been listening and enjoying, nothing off the charts.
Now, SDE comes in with a HiRes Stereo and Atmos Blu Ray, am I disappointed that this was not included in the box set I ordered, yes of course I am.
Yet at the same time the people keep saying, "I wont buy the box set, but I will buy a stand alone surround disc".
Maybe a small group is listening?

The music business seems really messed up right now. Music companies posting graphs of declining sales, music listeners complaining, musicians complaining, sellers of music complaining.
Seems ripe now for a big wig to step in and correct all this, but I have come to the conclusion that we live in a time out of mind, where really nothing is quite right, or is it all just right.
Later man, happy to have first world problems, Turkey and Chezc Republic, now they got it bad.

I feel like that person who goes to bed drunk and wakes up in the sober light of day to find out that he... bought a Bob Dylan album.

My wife works in healthcare, so she was up at 4:30am. While I usually prefer to ignore her sacrifice for others at that time of day, I took a moment to see what the release was just in case it was a limited-number release.

I have never owned a Bob Dylan disc beyond the Traveling Wilburys. I’ve considered it many times (especially the MoFi SACDs), but was always hung up on his vocals. I’ve got plenty of his music in the form of covers by other artists, and quite a lot of artists I like have a deep respect for Dylan’s music, especially his lyrics.

But as with some other artists in this series, the draw of Atmos has me taking a chance and maybe, after all these years, I’ll have more of a personal appreciation for Dylan.

And I know my personality... this purchase probably breaks the Dylan dam. I’ll be looking at those MoFi discs again this weekend. Or at least the Dylan/Grateful Dead album.

Being the obedient SDE ATMOS SERVANT that I am .... pre~ordered......been playing Dylan's multichannel SACDs for the past two weeks. Prescient?

The Times they are a' changing! INDEED!

Pin by Ellie Hebert on Pretty People | Bob dylan, Bob dylan songs, Dylan

Last edited:
Back