Steven Wilson King Crimson in Atmos! ("Larks Tongues" 2CD/2BD set coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough would have been nice to hear the Atmos but as I have the DVDA 5.1 my funds are going to future releases that I don’t already have decent surround copies of, such as the upcoming Camel extravaganz.

Did anyone who ordered from Dgm Live USA get their shipping notice from Burning Shed? I haven't received any notification and the note on Dgm live said, burning shed would ship on 10-20. Unless I incorrectly read the notice

Did anyone who ordered from Dgm Live USA get their shipping notice from Burning Shed? I haven't received any notification and the note on Dgm live said, burning shed would ship on 10-20. Unless I incorrectly read the notice
No.
The DGM announcement said clearly shipping would commence yesterday.
Not that it would be completed in one day.
Or for that matter, that shipping notices would be sent to Inner Knot USA buyers.

I still expect we will get them sooner shipped directly from the UK than under the previous arrangement. 🤞;)

Wasn’t quite sure where to put this. But since it also relates to this title, here is probably good for now. It involves Inner Knot which would be relevant for those of us in the U.S.

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/change-of-us-distributor
A shame about losing Inner Knot. Nice to have something ship from the U.S. even though I suppose they had to get it shipped from the U.K. first anyway.

But also happy for Burning Shed which I’ve always been very content with.

Well I’m totally disappointed with this whole mess.

I placed my order for the Lark’s Tongue CD/Blu-Ray combo and 4 KC shirts on Aug 18 for a total of $208 from the Inner Knot, King Crimson’s store in the USA. Two months later, not a peep out of them. Their press announcement said they would ship the music from the UK and any other merchandise from Los Angeles but I’ve yet to receive any shipping notices. I see that some of the shirts I ordered are now out of stock so unless they pulled them when I placed the order I‘ll either have to wait even longer or just cancel them. That hardly matters, I really want the ATMOS mix of Lark’s Tongue. I think I would have had a much better experience, and may have even had a chance to listen to the disc if I hadn’t wanted to support King Crimson’s own store and had just ordered it from some third party.

Hopefully Burning Shed won’t run out of stock before they fulfill the Inner Knots orders.

Lesson learned!

Last edited:

I placed my order for the Lark’s Tongue CD/Blu-Ray combo and 4 KC shirts on Aug 18 for a total of $208 from the Inner Knot, King Crimson’s store in the USA. Two months later, not a peep out of them. Their press announcement said they would ship the music from the UK and any other merchandise from Los Angeles but I’ve yet to receive any shipping notices. I see that some of the shirts I ordered are now out of stock so unless they pulled them when I placed the order I‘ll either have to wait even longer or just cancel them. That hardly matters, I really want the ATMOS mix of Lark’s Tongue. I think I would have had a much better experience, and may have even had a chance to listen to the disc if I hadn’t wanted to support King Crimson’s own store and had just ordered it from some third party.

Hopefully Burning Shed won’t run out of stock before they full fill the Inner Knots orders.

Lesson learned!
Fingers crossed for ya! Delays can often be tolerated if there’s assurance you’ll eventually get what you ordered, but I can imagine how frustrating it is to see stuff out-of-stock and no clue if they managed to squirrel yours away. Good luck!

Hopefully Burning Shed won’t run out of stock before they fulfill the Inner Knots orders.

Lesson learned!
Amy Worthington at Inner Knot USA is an honorable and responsible human being.
In my experience she is responsive to friendly respectful inquiries.
After you take some deep breaths you may reach her at [email protected].

FWIW, I have an unshipped t-shirt & merch order and Larks Tongues pre-order as well.
Such is life, I have plenty to wear and listen to, and plenty of recourse to refunds if things go to hell.

Importcds shows stock at $38.30: King Crimson Larks' Tongues In Aspic: Complete Recording Sessions - Dolby Atmos 2023 Mixes - 2CD+2BR Boxset [Import] Boxed Set, With Blu-ray, United Kingdom - Import on ImportCDs

We might be doing them a favor by ordering there and cancelling at DGM to save them the logistics grief and save ten dollars. :unsure:

FWIW, I have an unshipped t-shirt & merch order and Larks Tongues pre-order as well.
Such is life, I have plenty to wear and listen to, and plenty of recourse to refunds if things go to hell.

Importcds shows stock at $38.30: King Crimson Larks' Tongues In Aspic: Complete Recording Sessions - Dolby Atmos 2023 Mixes - 2CD+2BR Boxset [Import] Boxed Set, With Blu-ray, United Kingdom - Import on ImportCDs

We might be doing them a favor by ordering there and cancelling at DGM to save them the logistics grief and save ten dollars. :unsure:
Thanks for the suggestion and link to importcds. I sent Amy an email kindly asking to cancel my order and then I ordered from Importcds. BS does a great job, but my orders seem to get hung up in Cook County for a spell. Luckily Quadio comes on Monday, 🤞 and that will happily keep me preoccupied 😃

Thanks for the suggestion and link to importcds. I sent Amy an email kindly asking to cancel my order and then I ordered from Importcds. BS does a great job, but my orders seem to get hung up in Cook County for a spell. Luckily Quadio comes on Monday, 🤞 and that will happily keep me preoccupied 😃
I also ordered from importcds after reviewing DGM and burning shed's price shipped.
Fourteen dollars less.
Which would pay for a two-day shipping upgrade if anyone is hugely disappointed in DGM and in a big hurry to get the blu ray ASAP before it goes out of stock. ;)

Reactions: SHB

I agree with this post - Amy is trustworthy and fair.

What's going on with this on Amazon? now it seems to not be available in any of them. I'm thinking about canceling my order and buying it through a third-party seller.
It seems there’s some problem with distribution: you could preorder it on all the usual places (jpc, fnac, amz…) and then at the date of release nobody has it. Except for Burning Shed.

Ha!
Ye of little faith!

Just got my Burning Shed tracking number, requested cancellation of my importcds order. 🙃

Ha!
Ye of little faith!

Just got my Burning Shed tracking number, requested cancellation of my importcds order. 🙃
Little faith ? :p I like to think is was "trust but verify" . :LOL:
I might be of little faith but now I am of lot of copy of Larks. I got the notification from Burning Shed, So I immediately emailed importcds to cancel my order and then a little later I got a shipping notification from importcds. Oh well, at least with importcds, I should have mine by Thursday. As stated Burning Shed does a great job but when it gets over the pond, the package seems to do a week residency in Cook County, Illinois before heading to Northeast, Ohio. The shed copy might be a Christmas present for my nephew Beau.

...seems to do a week residency in Cook County, Illinois...
IMG_1045.jpeg

Maybe it's on a mission from god?

Back