4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't "Quadio" the term Rhino uses for a collection of Blu-ray albums boxed together that are the quadraphonic versions released in the seventies? Individual quadraphonic releases seems to be what is being discussed here. So is the anticipated releases being discussed here individual or a Quadio box?
Yes. And no. The last two were box sets. But the Aretha Franklin was a single disc and was a "Quadio" I believe

Rhino did a couple of standalone Handmade Quadio DVD's circa 2010, first came Chicago's "Chicago Transit Authority" and then "The Best Of Aretha Franklin".

beautiful little bundles of gorgeousness 🤩💝🥰

IMG_8809.jpeg

IMG_8810.jpeg

IMG_8812.jpeg

Last edited:
given how erratically, sluggishly and somewhat less than ideally at times, Sony has moved to reissue their Quads over the years since their own SACD programme/rollout/debacle (delete as you find appropriate!) and the frankly bizarre way they've unceremoniously dumped a ton of Quad out on the streaming services, some of which is stuck in their proprietary 360 Reality Audio format that next to nobody can properly play -- without Dutton Vocalion doing all the hard work, we'd have been at a loss all these years! otherwise, we have to wait donkey's years in the hope Sony Japan might come through with the occasional - yet fabulous - Quad SACD!! 😅

it does make you wonder if we'd have ever seen the Chicago Quads reissued at all, if it were not for Chicago moving their entire catalogue from Sony to Warners and then Rhino pulling off the Amazing feat of that Chicago Quadio box set with all the Quads in one fell swoop..!?!? boom! 🤯🙃🥳

Last edited:
it does make you wonder if we'd have ever seen the Chicago Quads reissued at all, if it were not for Chicago moving their entire catalogue from Sony to Warners and then Rhino pulling off the Amazing feat of that Chicago Quadio box set with all the Quads in one fell swoop..!?!? boom! 🤯🙃🥳
Had they not, they might have ended up being released by Sony Japan as separate 7" SACD's? It was so nice to get the whole Quadio set on Blu-ray though, all at once and at a great price!

Had they not, they might have ended up being released by Sony Japan as separate 7" SACD's? It was so nice to get the whole Quadio set on Blu-ray though, all at once and at a great price!
my sentiments exactly!! :QQlove

by now we might have had 7" SACDs of CTA, Chicago II & III and be waiting on a 7" SACD of Chicago V and be 180 gazilion Yen the poorer 🤑 🔫 :LOL:

Isn't "Quadio" the term Rhino uses for a collection of Blu-ray albums boxed together that are the quadraphonic versions released in the seventies? Individual quadraphonic releases seems to be what is being discussed here. So is the anticipated releases being discussed here individual or a Quadio box?

Rhino actually coined the "Quadio" phrase with their first two releases back in 2009.
First disc was Chicago-CTA , followed shortly after by their 2nd release of Aretha Franklin -Best Of.

So "Quadio" is any quad re-release by Rhino.
Although not actually termed a Quadio release I do consider Doors-The Collection amongst Rhino's Quadios as it contains the Doors -Best Of in quadraphonic.

Note that the latest little box set of The Doobies -Quadio continues this term.

The next 4 individual quads will also be, no doubt termed "Quadio".

Well, June 1st arrived, all we need to do now it listen for the announcement. It could be any second now or even tomorrow.

Well, June 1st arrived, all we need to do now it listen for the announcement. It could be any second now or even tomorrow.
Or the next day, or.....
Was there actually something said about it being announced at the beginning of the month, or are people just assuming that because it seems logical?

Rhinoid is playing with our emotions by being silent. He knows....

Come on, bring on Sabbath. I'm ready. lol

dreaming again.... :LOL: :hi
Not a dream this time - as it’s really happening in this batch or the one right after.

They are not going to drop Seals and Crofts, and Graham Central Station on us after many years of waiting for the top prime cuts. Summer Breeze would send me near suicidal about now, and would not “make me feel fine” at all.

If they give us that hard rock (the kind of stuff that don't save souls), then I’m buying two copies of each title. Alice, Sab, and/or Purple, that’s all they need to release plus some other cool hit albums and I’ll be over everything else that comes out later then fine.

Back