4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone tried creating fake surround sound (7.1.4 Atmos/DTS:X type) from these Rhino Quadios?

Kirk Bayne
Funny you should ask. While listening to Paranoid yesterday in Quad on my Yamaha I tried it through Neural: X. It sounded surprisingly good; dare I say better?

Probably all for the best since the fulfillment center that Rhino uses simply was not fully up to the task of four separate "hot" titles being released on the same day. Plus this will mean an extra thousand or two copies sold of each title. And the more copies they move, the longer the series can run.

"It's all good"

This.

I feel for those who ordered/preordered on Day 0 / 1 and still waiting for all or missing items from their order, with no good info from Rhino to go by.

Letting Amazon have these is the smartest thing Rhino could do. They should let Amazon handle the upcoming releases from the onset. Their loss of profits from not being the exclusive seller should be more than offset by the hassles & internal costs they must have absorbed in fixing this rollout. Unless of course, they've learned a better process by now. Anything is possible.

I still highly commend @ForagingRhino and the Rhino team for bringing these to market! They deserve the kudos. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for whovever does their website and definitely for Gnarlywood. They deserve prunes.

When the next batch are announced, I'm going to have to do some thinking of whether to buy from Rhino again at the ring of the bell. Or wait a 1-2 months to be available on Amazon. I probably will still buy from Rhino so that FOMO doesn't set in :) I just hope they've ironed out their issues by then.

Last edited:
not to de rail the thread, who is the dutton Vocalion label I keep hearing about, I am mainly interested in quad releases from the past coming out on Dvd/bluray etc

It would be great if Rhino could change their system so that foreign tax is prepaid, as it is with domestic sales. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I believe this is the way it is meant to be (for the UK at least).

(Personally, I don't mind if I pay tax to either the US or the UK governments but it seems only fair to pay it to someone. But paying an unnecessary fee to a private company for the privilege I'm much less happy with.)

I do think a change would benefit Rhino as well as the buyers - there are certainly people who were put off buying because of the chances of fees, so knowing that the price paid was the final amount would encourage extra sales. (And if the consignment was split like it was this time it would not matter as no fees would be payable.)

It would be great if Rhino could change their system so that foreign tax is prepaid, as it is with domestic sales. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I believe this is the way it is meant to be (for the UK at least).

(Personally, I don't mind if I pay tax to either the US or the UK governments but it seems only fair to pay it to someone. But paying an unnecessary fee to a private company for the privilege I'm much less happy with.)

I do think a change would benefit Rhino as well as the buyers - there are certainly people who were put off buying because of the chances of fees, so knowing that the price paid was the final amount would encourage extra sales. (And if the consignment was split like it was this time it would not matter as no fees would be payable.)
They do charge the taxes (HST) for Canadian buyers. Though I wish they didn't as these would likely slip through customs unscathed.

DV should be announcing some popular music titles in quad any day day now. Hope that Tyranny and Mutation from BOC gets the nod this time. Waylon, and Dolly, or Nilsson please.
I will do the happy dance if Tyranny and Mutation gets announced! :LB
Since Secret Treaties was already released by AF I wonder if they'd pair T&M with the first album (stereo).

This.

I feel for those who ordered/preordered on Day 0 / 1 and still waiting for all or missing items from their order, with no good info from Rhino to go by.

When the next batch are announced, I'm going to have to do some thinking of whether to buy from Rhino again at the ring of the bell. Or wait a 1-2 months to be available on Amazon. I probably will still buy from Rhino so that FOMO doesn't set in :) I just hope they've ironed out their issues by then.
100%
I’d like to think the issues will be ironed out in time for the next roll out but based on my experience I see no evidence that this is the case.
I jumped early to support/thank Rhino but part of me regrets that now.
I will buy the next set of discs, for sure, but it’s doubtful I’ll order direct again.

100%
I’d like to think the issues will be ironed out in time for the next roll out but based on my experience I see no evidence that this is case.
I jumped early to support Rhino.
I will buy the next set of discs, for sure, but it’s doubtful I’ll order direct again.
I was away on a long trip when mine arrived. I didn't realize that early buyers were still having trouble with their orders. :(

I'm still confident that all Rhino needs to do is have a pre-order window to alleviate most of their issues. That window will all them to process them in a non-rushed period of time. I imagine that onslaught of ASAP orders received in this batch overwhelmed them. The other side of the equation, shipping is beyond their control. Once they drop them off at the post office, it's out of their hands.

I guess time will tell, because we know there is at least once more batch coming.

I'm still confident that all Rhino needs to do is have a pre-order window to alleviate most of their issues. That window will all them to process them in a non-rushed period of time. I imagine that onslaught of ASAP orders received in this batch overwhelmed them. The other side of the equation, shipping is beyond their control. Once they drop them off at the post office, it's out of their hands.

I guess time will tell, because we know there is at least once more batch coming.
But for a "bundle", all discs should be packaged together in a strong cardboard box made for the four. THEN dropped off to be shipped preferably with FedEx.

Nothing here yet.

"Shipment Delivered to USPS, Package Acceptance Pending
LOS ANGELES, CA, United States"

Been like this since first week of July. "Package Acceptance Pending" what does that mean?
Happy days, they arrived today. Tracking still says "Shipment Delivered to USPS, Package Acceptance Pending". Sadly B.S. the corner is smashed, but there here.

Back