4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very possible.

It could even be a partially completed quad mix of M U Best Of's .?

For my money I'd love to see the Jethro Tull's Living In The Past get SW treatment. .I think most if not all of that album is currently mixed in surround .
(And both M U 'S vol one and two✌)

We have Ian Anderson and Steven Wilson to thank for such surround material
from the Tull Catalogue.....and they're still not finished!!
Although not put out as a release on it's own, Living In The Past is actually already released if you would care to compile it, as it's scattered through the box sets. I'm pretty sure all the studio material on it is in surround but not the live material.

that's wonderful! 🎉 😍
hoping they will also be available for purchase by Quaddies outside the U.S.? 🙏 🤞

$25 a pop is fine by me, i'm sure i will have paid way more than that for Q8s and/or minty CD-4 LP's of the 4 titles and - absolutely - the more, the merrier.. indeed! let's be 'avin' a ball, let's be 'avin' 'em all! 🥳
I'm keeping my eye on the UK site Dig! Store its part of Warners

That reminds me - they are going to be $24.98 each, not 29.98 as I originally stated.

Thankyou FR:love: for an early 🎄XMAS.. and a big thankyou to WEA . ....
That's with keeping in line $€£¥, with all the other Rhino Quadio's that have been released to date.

Rhino/WB have always been the better deal , cost wise over their competitors.
Another favourable reason to purchase these hi-rez quadio bluray discs.

Only four....but gonna be more......

Such as the great quads on Asylum, Electra ,and Reprise....

Last edited:
and please don't forget everyone, these will ONLY be sold directly by Rhino. No other sources will be available, so you're not going to get them from Deep Discount or other places.

BUT>>>>>>This is GOOD. So you may not find them for $19.95 somewhere, but what it will insure is that WB/Rhino makes a proper profit on them, which would only beget MORE QUADIO!!!

$25 is well worth it IMHO, and the more the merrier! Right? I am sure you all can agree on this point
It's bad for me, it means I have to order from the US and double the price with shipping to the UK. Or at least that's what I assume this means.

You know, in retrospect, that Aretha Quadio disc, the second one released in 2010 before the fall of Rhino Handmade, was quite an impressive surround disc. Full of hits, a great surround mix, and great mastering by Bob Vosgien. The grumblings around here when it came out were basically because it wasn't a "One of These Nights", "Machine Head" or some other classic R&R disc, but remember, more were supposed to follow. I still will listen to that Aretha Quadio from time to time in the car and I really crank it up. There are some real gems on that album, which was in fact a single-release Quadradisc if I recall correctly. I particularly like to crank up 'Dr. Feelgood' in the car to get my mind off traffic!!

You know, in retrospect, that Aretha Quadio disc, the second one released in 2010 before the fall of Rhino Handmade, was quite an impressive surround disc. Full of hits, a great surround mix, and great mastering by Bob Vosgien. The grumblings around here when it came out were basically because it wasn't a "One of These Nights", "Machine Head" or some other classic R&R disc, but remember, more were supposed to follow. I still will listen to that Aretha Quadio from time to time in the car and I really crank it up. There are some real gems on that album, which was in fact a single-release Quadradisc if I recall correctly. I particularly like to crank up 'Dr. Feelgood' in the car to get my mind off traffic!!
And even though it was lossy DTS, cranked, that Aretha Quadio sounded AMAZING ....... still thrilled to have it on physical disc!

Thankyou FR:love: for an early 🎄XMAS.. and a big thankyou to WEA . ....
That's with keeping in line $€£¥, with all the other Rhino Quadio's that have been released to date.

Rhino/WB have always been the better deal , cost wise over their competitors.
Another favourable reason to purchase these hi-rez quadio bluray discs.

Only four....but gonna be more......

Such as the great quads on Asylum, Electra ,and Reprise....
it's a clever tactic!! 😎 we're all so ecstatic about these 4 Quadio's of the apocalypse and we don't even know what the titles/Artists are yet!! 😂😂

will the forums go Paranoid if they're lesser-spotted Rhino's (AWB), pink flamingos (Judy Collins), Grey/Silver-headed Rhino's (Gil Evans), or Hot Tuna Burgers!? oh fudge it, i'm hungry now!! 🙄🤣

it's a clever tactic!! 😎 we're all so ecstatic about these 4 Quadio's of the apocalypse and we don't even know what the titles/Artists are yet!! 😂😂
It's a clever tactic if you only care about US sales. Now admittedly that may be 90% of the worldwide quad market, but it's still disappointing for the rest of us.

It's a clever tactic if you only care about US sales. Now admittedly that may be 90% of the worldwide quad market, but it's still disappointing for the rest of us.
our forum cousins in the U.S.A. and elsewhere have to stump up duty and international shipping for any SDE and DV purchases from the U.K., so it feels like a fair cultural exchange, maybe.. 🤔😅😉

will the forums go Paranoid if they're lesser-spotted Rhino's (AWB), pink flamingos (Judy Collins), Grey/Silver-headed Rhino's (Gil Evans), or Hot Tuna Burgers!? oh fudge it, i'm hungry now!! 🙄🤣
Whatever they might be, Adam, when those shiny silver discs arrive in their super audio jewel cases you'll be doing the Piccadilly circuit...dancing in the streets! So better brush up on that ole soft shoe! 👣

Well, it's just a reverse of Dutton-Vocalion, right? We deal with it
From what I've seen, just about the most expensive thing to do is ship stuff out of the US to anywhere else in the world. A number of kickstarters I've been involved with have printed or manufactured outside the US to avoid the horrific costs of shipping out of the US, it worked out considerably cheaper for them to ship into the US.

Whatever they might be, Adam, when those shiny silver discs arrive in their super audio jewel cases you'll be doing the Piccadilly circuit...dancing in the streets! So better brush up on that ole soft shoe! 👣
ha!! 😋 i'll still find something to gripe about, dear Ralpheeo, I'm British and have run out of new words to whine about the weather! ☔🇬🇧✌️🤣

Back