4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is some shakey information on the dark web that the 4 quadio titles will be "The Captain and Me", "What Were Once Vices are Now Habits", "Toulouse Street" and "Stampede". These reports have not been confirmed - ;)
all lies!! 🧐 it'll never happen!! 😳

(and we all know the Doobie Quadio box set on our shelves is just a mirage!! 👀 )

it's a clever tactic!! 😎 we're all so ecstatic about these 4 Quadio's of the apocalypse and we don't even know what the titles/Artists are yet!! 😂😂

will the forums go Paranoid if they're lesser-spotted Rhino's (AWB), pink flamingos (Judy Collins), Grey/Silver-headed Rhino's (Gil Evans), or Hot Tuna Burgers!? oh fudge it, i'm hungry now!! 🙄🤣

Oh i'll buy em , if only to encourage more !
hungry now. I want Pink Flamingoes under 🍸 glass!!🤣

it's a clever tactic!! 😎 we're all so ecstatic about these 4 Quadio's of the apocalypse and we don't even know what the titles/Artists are yet!! 😂😂

will the forums go Paranoid if they're lesser-spotted Rhino's (AWB), pink flamingos (Judy Collins), Grey/Silver-headed Rhino's (Gil Evans), or Hot Tuna Burgers!? oh fudge it, i'm hungry now!! 🙄🤣
Mmmm. Love me some Hot Tuna burgers.

As I write I am in Muscle Shoals Alabama.
Going to Fame Studios and Muscle Shoals Studios tomorrow and then off to Memphis tomorrow.
Went to Grand Ole Opry last night. Broadway in Nashville is off the hook with live bands playing about every 20 feet in the bars.
Off topic but I see all my friends are here.
Went to Jack Daniels Distillery today, very cool.
Back in a few days.

It's a clever tactic if you only care about US sales. Now admittedly that may be 90% of the worldwide quad market, but it's still disappointing for the rest of us.
Bear in mind we in the US still order a lot of releases from the UK! So I feel your pain...at least shipping cost-wise.

Going to Fame Studios and Muscle Shoals Studios tomorrow and then off to Memphis tomorrow.
Went to Grand Ole Opry last night. Broadway in Nashville is off the hook with live bands playing about every 20 feet in the bars.
Back in a few days.
Sounds like a tour I'd like to be on! Can you dip down into North Florida and pick me up?

you need to get out more often :giggle:

Have NO clue Adam but all I know is soon Nightingales will be singin' in Buckley Square! All images

Last edited:
Back in a few days.

Have a good trip.
I hope you have fun at Muscle Shoals . While your there , look out for some quad tracks left over from the Stones....?

You know, in retrospect, that Aretha Quadio disc, the second one released in 2010 before the fall of Rhino Handmade, was quite an impressive surround disc. Full of hits, a great surround mix, and great mastering by Bob Vosgien. The grumblings around here when it came out were basically because it wasn't a "One of These Nights", "Machine Head" or some other classic R&R disc, but remember, more were supposed to follow. I still will listen to that Aretha Quadio from time to time in the car and I really crank it up. There are some real gems on that album, which was in fact a single-release Quadradisc if I recall correctly. I particularly like to crank up 'Dr. Feelgood' in the car to get my mind off traffic!!
There are also some different takes (alternate versions) on that Aretha Quadio disc which is kinda kool 😍

Bear in mind we in the US still order a lot of releases from the UK! So I feel your pain...at least shipping cost-wise.
Chicago Quadio was on Amazon UK. My fault I didn't buy it, but shipping was reasonable. Rhino is part of Warner, I was fully expecting these new discs to also be available on Amazon or similar. Other people have compared them to SDE or DV but they're not at all alike as companies.

Back