Beatles Revolver Box Set (Dolby Atmos Mix available for streaming; No Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[First Post] I'm following this thread because there are so few that I've found that touch on the fact that thebeatles.com still mentions a special edition of Revolver with Hi Res 24bit 96kHz & Dolby Atmos. This edition is supposed to come with Hi Res Stereo, Atmos & the LP.

I would be interested in a Revolver Hi Res & Album edition, but so far I can't find any additional information.

https://www.thebeatles.com/announcing-revolver-special-editions-0
Revolver Special Edition (Standard): 14 tracks
Digital (New album mix in stereo & hi res 96kHz/24-bit stereo + new Dolby Atmos mix)
1CD in digipak (New stereo mix)
1LP (New stereo mix) on half-speed mastered 180-gram vinyl
Limited Edition 1LP vinyl picture disc (New stereo mix) illustrated with the album cover art
Welcome into the forum ggrant!

The problem is more about getting the messaging (verbal details) cleared up.

By "Digital" do they mean only via Streaming services like Apple Spatial Music and Tidal etc., or download (unlikely in Atmos AFAIK) or an actual physical disc.

Welcome into the forum ggrant!

The problem is more about getting the messaging (verbal details) cleared up.

By "Digital" do they mean only via Streaming services like Apple Spatial Music and Tidal etc., or download (unlikely in Atmos AFAIK) or an actual physical disc.
it appears that hi res stereo will be available by download at the usual download sites, but ATMOS will be exclusive to the streaming platforms, at least initially.

The way they have posted this info on their website is very ambiguous. As others have noted, they lack in marketing skills for such a potential huge release.

Last edited:
[First Post] I'm following this thread because there are so few that I've found that touch on the fact that thebeatles.com still mentions a special edition of Revolver with Hi Res 24bit 96kHz & Dolby Atmos. This edition is supposed to come with Hi Res Stereo, Atmos & the LP.

I would be interested in a Revolver Hi Res & Album edition, but so far I can't find any additional information.

https://www.thebeatles.com/announcing-revolver-special-editions-0
Revolver Special Edition (Standard): 14 tracks
Digital (New album mix in stereo & hi res 96kHz/24-bit stereo + new Dolby Atmos mix)
1CD in digipak (New stereo mix)
1LP (New stereo mix) on half-speed mastered 180-gram vinyl
Limited Edition 1LP vinyl picture disc (New stereo mix) illustrated with the album cover art
Welcome ggrant.

Such a disappointment that Giles Martin decided NOT to include a Blu-Ray or DVD Surround version of Revolver in the new box set, and only a streaming version. Hope he rethinks that and later releases one. I feel his pain with trying to Demix the original stereo tracks as I found it creates very weird stems that are difficult to work with. You would think that he has access to all the pre-bounced tracks to work with?

Such a disappointment that Giles Martin decided NOT to include a Blu-Ray or DVD Surround version of Revolver in the new box set, and only a streaming version. Hope he rethinks that and later releases one. I feel his pain with trying to Demix the original stereo tracks as I found it creates very weird stems that are difficult to work with. You would think that he has access to all the pre-bounced tracks to work with?
Giles Martin is an engineer. Engineers generally have little to no say in product configurations.

I believe he was demixing from the prebounce stems, not the stereo mixdown. But even then, IIRC, some Revolver stems have multiple instruments on them - even pre-bounce.

Giles Martin is an engineer. Engineers generally have little to no say in product configurations.

I believe he was demixing from the prebounce stems, not the stereo mixdown. But even then, IIRC, some Revolver stems have multiple instruments on them - even pre-bounce.
Correct on all counts. Apparently he did use the Peter Jackson de-mix tech on the pre-bounce tracks that had multiple instruments.

Correct on all counts. Apparently he did use the Peter Jackson de-mix tech on the pre-bounce tracks that had multiple instruments.
Yes I watched a video of him discussing the process today. He said that he could hear Ringo's bass drum pedal squeak in one case when the extraction was undertaken

I refuse to pay such an exorbitant amount, especially as it missing a hi-Rez, Multichannel Blu-ray, like the other Anniversary editions. I’m a great Beatles fan, but will either wait till it is reduced, or wait till they eventually release a Blu-ray edition. It took a long while for the Get Back to be released, pro due to Disney’s constraints! I’m also very annoyed with Paul’s decision also to only release an Atmos version of his 3 solo albums only on streaming services! Giles & Paul should be looking after ALL of their fans, not just the minority! I’m still waiting patiently for a release of the McCartney 3,2,1 documentary from early last year - that was fantastic!

I refuse to pay such an exorbitant amount, especially as it missing a hi-Rez, Multichannel Blu-ray, like the other Anniversary editions. I’m a great Beatles fan, but will either wait till it is reduced, or wait till they eventually release a Blu-ray edition. It took a long while for the Get Back to be released, pro due to Disney’s constraints! I’m also very annoyed with Paul’s decision also to only release an Atmos version of his 3 solo albums only on streaming services! Giles & Paul should be looking after ALL of their fans, not just the minority! I’m still waiting patiently for a release of the McCartney 3,2,1 documentary from early last year - that was fantastic!
I agree, but maybe WE are the minority (those who want physical media).

How many QQ members are there?
Per the forum statistics, over 11,000. Obviously that includes inactive accounts.
FE2714AF-ED37-491E-BC5E-3DCE8D250AD1.jpeg

I agree, but maybe WE are the minority (those who want physical media).
The record companies have decided that they won’t be selling as much music on physical media. They didn’t do this because they want to piss us off, they did it because the market is too small and because streaming is more profitable.

Per the forum statistics, over 11,000. Obviously that includes inactive

If its a financial thing, don't understand why the strategy works for them when it comes to surround but they still release large expensive stereo sets.
they would have done the sums - we are not privy to licensing deals with streaming websites.

The record companies have decided that they won’t be selling as much music on physical media. They didn’t do this because they want to piss us off, they did it because the market is too small and because streaming is more profitable.
If the whole package was stream only then I'd understand your argument that "The record companies have decided that they won’t be selling as much music on physical media" and I'd more readily accept it (albeit not like it). However, in this case they are releasing a physical package but decided to draw the line at the surround mix after including one in all the other sets. How can that not feel personal?

Back