• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

The QuadraphonicQuad Wine Thread

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
There are so many great malbecs from Argentina these days and they are one of the best bangs for your $...such nice wines for the price.

We were up in Colorado for the weekend, part of our getaway was the dinner train on Royal Gorge Rail out of Cañon City. We've done this a few times in the past and it's always a nice evening. This time we chose a bottle of their local Winery at the Holy Cross Abbey 2016 syrah. Good wine, maybe even better if it cellars another year, anyway, a glass with dinner and then one outside on the open car, beautiful evening along the Arkansas River.

Philip Spinner

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
There are so many great malbecs from Argentina these days and they are one of the best bangs for your $...such nice wines for the price.

We were up in Colorado for the weekend, part of our getaway was the dinner train on Royal Gorge Rail out of Cañon City. We've done this a few times in the past and it's always a nice evening. This time we chose a bottle of their local Winery at the Holy Cross Abbey 2016 syrah. Good wine, maybe even better if it cellars another year, anyway, a glass with dinner and then one outside on the open car, beautiful evening along the Arkansas River.
I love riding in those domes.

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Last night with dinner (grilled lamb leg steak, sautéed spinach, roasted parmesan cauliflower), Milagro Vineyards (Corrales, NM) 2011 Zinfandel. Small local boutique winery that makes very good wines, and this zin was superb.

Glenshoreham

BBQ with my folks yesterday, and the vin du jour was a lovely 2009 Heathcote shiraz from Tar & Roses. Retails for $19-23 when new (~US$12.5-15). The Heathcote region is northwest of Melbourne, and is warm-climate (probably a bit closer to hot than cool). (y)🍷

DSC_1508.JPG

rikpepe

I am a teetotaler generally but will imbibe prn. ROBERT MONDAVI Cabernet Sauvignon (B&V good too) and then there is my old vineyard
Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnays- Sonoma coast or Russian River sold the vineyard bought my Audi TT and my wife's VW Turbo BEETLE.

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Last night with New Year's Eve lamb rack....Arizona Stronghold 2011 "Nachise" blend of syrah, petite syrah, mourvedre and grenache. Not sure it's readable, but bottle notes by owner Maynard Tool.
[IMG]

Reactions: GOS

Frantic

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Two interesting Cabernet's for your consideration......

Intrinsic - 2016
Exitus - 2016 ( A bourbon barrel finished Cab)

Both priced at around $19

Well received in my circle of wino's. :smokin

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Adam @fredblue keeps harping about Port....so I had to do some research as I've never had port. Hmmmmm. Originated from Portugal! I didn't know that.....PORTugal. Imagine that.

Port wine is typically richer, sweeter, heavier, and higher in alcohol content than unfortified wines. This is caused by the addition of distilled grape spirits to fortify the wine and halt fermentation before all the sugar is converted to alcohol, and results in a wine that is usually 19% to 20% alcohol.

Port is commonly served after meals as a dessert wine in English-speaking countries, often with cheese, nuts, and/or chocolate; white and tawny ports are often served as an apéritif. In Europe all types of port are frequently consumed as aperitifs.

Group builder