HiRez Poll Yes - THE YES ALBUM [DVD-A/BDA]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of Yes - THE YES ALBUM

• Total voters
Revisited my Blu-ray of this masterpiece in LPCM 5.1 earlier today and this is an absolute 10+!

IMHO it represents the greatest SW mix of a classic album to date. The discrete distribution of vocals and instruments, the incredible low end heft in Squire's bass and Bruford's kick drum, the amazing delineation of each instrument in the room-filling mix. I could go on and on... this is an absolutely amazing listening experience. I have SW's Fragile, CTTE, and Tales Blu-rays and, while they're all great, none of them equal TYA's multi-channel sonic bliss.

Total agreement with what's been said here. Gave this a blast again today and SW has not produced a better sounding mix both before and after this release. A reference disc for me without a doubt!

A really cool album in stereo, with Yes really hitting their stride. My opinion, their first stone classic album.

The 5.1 SW mix takes a faint veil off the sound, and ratchets up the sound a full notch. The separation on the 5.1 works here to it's advantage for sure.

a !0 for me.

Just bought this and took a listen back to back of SW’s mix and then the 2002 DVD-A mix or Roundabout. SW’s mix sounds so much better it’s amazing, the DVD-A mix was muddy in the mid bass and overall when done back to back.

I’ve never been that into Yes but am liking them more and more. I didn’t have any idea the 2002 DVD-A mix was on the blu Ray. Very cool.

Just bought this and took a listen back to back of SW’s mix and then the 2002 DVD-A mix or Roundabout. SW’s mix sounds so much better it’s amazing, the DVD-A mix was muddy in the mid bass and overall when done back to back.

I’ve never been that into Yes but am liking them more and more. I didn’t have any idea the 2002 DVD-A mix was on the blu Ray. Very cool.

I agree with every word, but I assume you're talking about Fragile and this is the poll thread for The Yes Album...

2.5's across the board. Clarity, Discreetness, Value and Packaging a 10 from me quite awhile back when I voted on this.
Was just a pure rocker in my music, this came out in "71" my older brother was into prog but I wasn't. It was in late "75" and a friend borrowed some of my vinyl and I thought I need to listen to something what have you. And I borrowed the Yes Album and was into Progressive Rock also after that, even had to see Steve Howe in concert "76" (I still have his LP and he still has mine🤔).
Come to think of it maybe marijuana played a part in my foray into Progressive Rock.

Last edited:
Close to the Edge to me is Yes' Dark Side of the Moon, where it all came together, and the album endures, group never made a better record. Let's not forget to listen and rate that one if you have not already given it your 9 or 10 grade.

I'm heading over to look at that "Spotlight" Hi-rezzie TKO right now.

Well that was yet another depressingly safe mix. More akin to CttE than Fragile or In the Court of the Crimson King. Is Steve Wilson quite scared of moving thing around? There's a couple of fun whiz-bang ping-pong movements on this but it's basically the bare minimum that you can do without just making "BIG STEREO" a la 5.1 Dark Side of the Moon.

Well that was yet another depressingly safe mix. More akin to CttE than Fragile or In the Court of the Crimson King. Is Steve Wilson quite scared of moving thing around? There's a couple of fun whiz-bang ping-pong movements on this but it's basically the bare minimum that you can do without just making "BIG STEREO" a la 5.1 Dark Side of the Moon.
Were you listening in 5.1 surround or 5 channel stereo?

I received a damaged copy form Import cd, it could take 20 minutes to load in my blu-ray player, but when It's finally playing I can enjoy this beautiful 5.1 mixes.

Back