DVD Audio Extractor possible issues with latest version?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what I get:
Failure1.JPG

With all due respect Marplot, this is way too complicated for the average QQer. Especially since you need to manually edit these scripts for each disc release with different audio streams.

Just rip everything to MKV, then run Music Media Helper, select the MKV file, select which stream to rip. Done. You can even enterthe Artist and Album Title and tag all files too, with limited effort. You do need Windows though :)
And this will allow extracting files from mlp DVD-audios I can't get otherwise with ANYDVD rip feeding dvdae? like Carly Simon, Grover Washington, Seal, Boz Scaggs DIg, Flaming Lips and 20 others?

As far as I know MakeMKV doesn’t rip or convert DVD-A discs.

DVDAE should work. I’ve not had any issues with any DVDA discs using DVD Audio Extractor. It does not need ANYDVD to rip a DVDA.

MakeMKV will rip the video section of a DVD (some DVDA discs have a video section), but that would contain DTS or DD not MLP.

And this will allow extracting files from mlp DVD-audios I can't get otherwise with ANYDVD rip feeding dvdae? like Carly Simon, Grover Washington, Seal, Boz Scaggs DIg, Flaming Lips and 20 others?
What homer said... (y)

Of those you listed I have successfully ripped the Flaming Lips (all three releases) and the Seal using only DVD Audio extractor.

DVD Audio extractor will not rip copy protected blurays. I use MakeMKV to rip those, followed by Audiomuxer to extract the audio from the MKV file and convert it to FLAC.

As far as I know MakeMKV doesn’t rip or convert DVD-A discs.

DVDAE should work. I’ve not had any issues with any DVDA discs using DVD Audio Extractor. It does not need ANYDVD to rip a DVDA.

MakeMKV will rip the video section of a DVD (some DVDA discs have a video section), but that would contain DTS or DD not MLP.
Thanks! Hell Freezes Over however freezes on scanning chapters. :D

What homer said... (y)

Of those you listed I have successfully ripped the Flaming Lips (all three releases) and the Seal using only DVD Audio extractor.

DVD Audio extractor will not rip copy protected blurays. I use MakeMKV to rip those, followed by Audiomuxer to extract the audio from the MKV file and convert it to FLAC.
Blue rays I have mostly managed with few exceptions from ANYDVD rips into audio extractor, my problem has been with dvd audios mainly, will try with only DVDAE!

I do love DVD Audio Extractor, and have not had an issue with any DVD thrown at it. But when I get a new computer - do I get to take with me on the new system, or must I purchase it again? I don't use it very much, so I'd hate to have to repurchase it.

i had the same question, it is easy to reassign your key to a new computer.

You cant tag a DTS stream. The best you can do is play from a cue sheet. My media players rely on proper tagging to assemble their libraries. And like Homer mentioned, what do you do for mobile playback?
Best buy has on sale for 99 bucks a great little UHD player that plays rather well mch flacs and dsf out of the USB port. It will not play dts cd's you must convert to flac. A weird thing is that any quadio flac file that plays quad in an oppo will only play stereo on the panny but otherwise a great bargain for easy to use reliable flac and dsf 5.1 player.

Thanks! Hell Freezes Over however freezes on scanning chapters. :D

Not any more.
I disabled anydvd and uninstalled my disc reader. Voila, Xmas came early, thanks guys for the inspiration to keep trying. it's like getting 30 new discs for me.

Best buy has on sale for 99 bucks a great little UHD player that plays rather well mch flacs and dsf out of the USB port. It will not play dts cd's you must convert to flac. A weird thing is that any quadio flac file that plays quad in an oppo will only play stereo on the panny but otherwise a great bargain for easy to use reliable flac and dsf 5.1 player.
The Quadio issue is common. Both players and AVRs can be affected. Use Homers MMH app to add silent center/lfe channels to the FLACs and all will be good.

There are a lot of players that will play MCH tracks through USB. Most however wont do gapless. Try playing a Pink Floyd album with no song breaks. See what happens.

Thank You! The panny is gapless and for 100 bucks sounds great, not quite like an oppo but plug and play. Best Buy model Model DP-UB150-K .

The easiest (and cheapest) way is to use foobar200 with DVD-A-Plugin. It ca also remove watermarks. The bad thing: you dont have the helping of your disc-menu. But if you know, witch track(s) you want to rip, than are there no problems. You can rip it as WAV, FLAC or wahtever you want.

Does anyone have an idea why I am getting a mono audio option only on Tom Petty Damn The Torpedoes ad rip? Thanks!

any d, am afraid to have to learn MKV. I don't have any problems with any other bd rips except KC TOAPP BD. But if there is precedence that MKV works with this title then I will try it. TIA

Back