4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to say that I’m eagerly anticipating this announcement or anything, but I wanted to double-check I had an active Rhino account.

I did, but I had to reset my password just now for whatever reason. And then I saw the address on file was from our old place, so that needed to be updated.

Might not be a bad idea to double-check your account in the next couple of weeks to ensure smooth ordering on the 23rd.

That wouldn't be such a bad thing. It will show Rhino that they need to keep digging for those old quads.....and maybe make some new ones!

And maybe some other record companies will see this and do the same!
From your mouth to Jeff Fura's (Senior Director for A&R and Product Development at UMe) ear!

My take on this is:
1. The teaser coming on Friday will reveal, and not just hint at (to those fairly up on the WMG quad list) the exact titles that are coming.
2. The stock is pressed and now on hand, no delays are expected at all.
3. ForagingRhino is also excited just as we are about the titles set for flight, and the quality achieved here is a TKO.

Very strong potential here is that these releases could top the previous batches of Quadio discs in quality, and even performances depending on one's taste.
TKO? Teddy Pendergrass?? 😜

I always wonder who (if anyone) ends up reading this stuff - glad you liked the piece!
Brand new today! (Those @ForagingRhinos don't let the grass grow untrampled under their feet.)

Great primer, Jonathan. It's clear that UMe has some catching up to do if they want to keep up with the Warners and the Sonys....

Brand new today! (Those @ForagingRhinos don't let the grass grow untrampled under their feet.)

Great primer, Jonathan. It's clear that UMe has some catching up to do if they want to keep up with the Warners and the Sonys....
Hmm, making me wonder if an JC & FR interview is far behind?

Another aside while I begin to fight doubts that B$B will be one of the releases...😐
Was 'Hair Of The Dog' ever released in quad? Someone mentioned A&M quads a number of pages back, and it seems like it would have been a likely candidate, but I'm not seeing it in any resources. I'd love to be surrounded by the murky waters of 'Please Don't Judas Me' for 9 minutes.

Another aside while I begin to fight doubts that B$B will be one of the releases...😐
Was 'Hair Of The Dog' ever released in quad? Someone mentioned A&M quads a number of pages back, and it seems like it would have been a likely candidate, but I'm not seeing it in any resources. I'd love to be surrounded by the murky waters of 'Please Don't Judas Me' for 9 minutes.
No Nazareth Quads were released AFAIK . You gotta wonder why, but it seems that all the A&M quad releases were soft rock. With the exception of Humble Pie. I love the magazine advertisement they did for Harmon Kardon!

No Nazareth Quads were released AFAIK . You gotta wonder why, but it seems that all the A&M quad releases were soft rock. With the exception of Humble Pie. I love the magazine advertisement they did for Harmon Kardon!
there weren't a ton of hard rock quads, period, were there?

My presumption was they understood the market to be more 'audiophile', 'sophisticated' and older (could afford the gear) rather than the 'kids' acts like Nazareth appealed more to.

My presumption was they understood the market to be more 'audiophile', 'sophisticated' and older (could afford the gear) rather than the 'kids' acts like Nazareth appealed more to.
Market research for affluence across different audiences might have mattered too.

I think that they missed the boat with that presumption. Kids could afford records, maybe not much equipment yet. I know I was one! Within a few short years those "kids" would be affluent enough to afford quad equipement. The "experiment" was called off before being given half a chance. Most older folk were still happy with mono!

A lot of "hard rock" was released on Q8, I guess they figured that "kids" could afford those! Wait a minute, tapes were always more expensive than records!

Back