4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no way to easily do that (short of pulling the receiver from against the wall and re-wiring the speakers which I don’t really want to do) but I’ve always been happy with the sound I get out of my rear satellites and this album is no exception. But maybe I don’t know what I’m missing? 🤷‍♂️
Never hurts to try new things but obviously there are many reasons why it just isn't an option.

Unfortunately, “Iron Man” is still on this album. One of my most despised rock songs of all time and (other than Ozzy’s singing in general) probably my main reason for never liking Sabbath. :ROFLMAO:
I know what you mean. When I was first introduced to this song decades ago, boy was it cool. I heard it again recently and it does tend to grate.

I know what you mean. When I was first introduced to this song decades ago, boy was it cool. I heard it again recently and it does tend to grate.
To me it represents (and is probably largely responsible for) so much of what was bad about heavy metal/hard rock music that followed: a dirt-simple guitar riff that any beginning guitarist could play, an uninventive vocal line that just follows the riff, and a nursery-rhyme-like simplicity to the whole thing. About as LCD as one can get. Which is why it was such a big hit, no doubt, especially with youngsters. (Not a coincidence how many people will say “I fell in love with that song when I was 12!”). Nursery-rhyme simplicity almost ALWAYS sells well. Just look at “The Hokey-Pokey” or “Achey Breaky Heart”

Face it. The older you get, the less tolerance you have for the popular songs that you've heard played to death your whole life. Songs that you loved and played over and over, yet when they appear on your radio or stream you skip over them just because you've reached saturation level.

That's what's cool about these Quadio's. You get to hear and discover the tracks that have not been burned out in your brain over the years, so if you skip the "Iron Man" or "Elected", there's plenty of other good tunes to enjoy in their quadraphonic splendor.

Often times, having a surround version of a song you are sick of can regen your interest in the tune. At least that's what I've found for me.

Often times, having a surround version of a song you are sick of can regen your interest in the tune. At least that's what I've found for me.
Exactly this for me. I’ve been hearing things in songs that I missed as a kid when I had a cheap stereo system. And in some cases has renewed my interest in songs I had started to ignore.

It’s great to discover totally new music that I’ve never heard before, but hearing “new” or different parts in songs I've listened to for years is one of my greatest joys with surround music.

Exactly this for me. I’ve been hearing things in songs that I missed as a kid when I had a cheap stereo system. And in some cases has renewed my interest in songs I had started to ignore.

It’s great to discover totally new music that I’ve never heard before, but hearing “new” or different parts in songs I've listened to for years is one of my greatest joys with surround music.
Very true.

OTOH, two of my favorite 45s that I played to death as a youngster were “The Candyman” by Sammy Davis Jr and “Playground In My Mind” by Clint Holmes. Earworm nursery-rhyme songs to be sure!

But I’m pretty certain even the most stellar and revealing surround mixes of these tracks would not be enough to rekindle my interest in them! :ROFLMAO:

Still no shipping confirmation email for me from 23d of June... I need to provide the tracking number to my mail forwarding company so that they can find my parcel among those arriving at the warehouse, but I haven't got one. :mad: Rhino support is not responding.
For those lucky ones who have already received their orders, someone please can send me a picture of the shipping label from the parcel? From where exactly they shipped and who is sender Rhino or may be Warner Music Group? You can hide personal information and PM me.

Last edited:
Very true.

OTOH, two of my favorite 45s that I played to death as a youngster were “The Candyman” by Sammy Davis Jr and “Playground In My Mind” by Clint Holmes. Earworm nursery-rhyme songs to be sure!

But I’m pretty certain even the most stellar and revealing surround mixes of these tracks would not be enough to rekindle my interest in them! :ROFLMAO:
Playground on My Mind... nice. And don't forget Seasons In the Sun 🌞

But if I have to endure so many negative comments on this forum about 80s music
We are probably about the same age. I'm 52 and consider the 80's my formative years in many ways. The music of that era has stuck with me as well. I only gleamed the mid to late 70's via osmosis from my parents. And they were more along the lines of Gary Wright (think Dream Weaver), Linda Rondstat, Eagles and some Kenny Roger's (I'll never hear The Coward of the County without a flashback).

I will say though that I have found I like this album much more than I thought I would thanks to this quad mix.

I wasn't sure if I'd spin Paranoid or not...just have never been a heavy rock person or Black Sabbath fan...but you've inspired me to give it a try! Just glad to support the Quadio releases no matter.

We are probably about the same age. I'm 52 and consider the 80's my formative years in many ways. The music of that era has stuck with me as well. I only gleamed the mid to late 70's via osmosis from my parents. And they were more along the lines of Gary Wright (think Dream Weaver), Linda Rondstat, Eagles and some Kenny Roger's (I'll never hear The Coward of the County without a flashback).

I wasn't sure if I'd spin Paranoid or not...just have never been a heavy rock person or Black Sabbath fan...but you've inspired me to give it a try! Just glad to support the Quadio releases no matter.
Actually I turn 62 next month. o_O

But while the 70s were my formative years for music (I was just more of a pop/R&B kid than heavy metal. Give me Elton John or Stevie Wonder over Black Sabbath or Deep Purple any day) I was a professional musician throughout the 80s and so my connection to music of that decade was just as strong as the stuff I listened to in my teens. Maybe it's because I didn't really grow up and settle down until I was well into in my 30s. Or maybe it was because I was so deeply involved in trying to create new and forward-moving music in my twenties. But whatever the reason an album like "The Hurting" that came out when I was 22 was at least as important to my musical and personal formation as was "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" or "Innervisions" when I was 12.

Last edited:
I listened to Sabbath and I was impressed.

I finished Alice Cooper, and I like my 5.1 DVD-A better.
I am listening now to J. Geils.
Both Geils and Cooper seem heavy in the rears. I want them to be opopiste.
I went heavier in the front.
Vocals in the rear, I do not like, memories of TYA-A Space In Time DVD.

I do have my bass management on, directions say to turn bass management off. Usually doesn't matter on the mix?

Any others feel like I do?

EDIT: That was the problem. I listened to my ripped version through my JRiver set at a true 4.0 and sounds fine.
I was listening to the hard disc via BD player and sounded weird due to the bass management on.

Last edited:
Well I guess I can stop being paranoid about Paranoid not getting here as tracking shows it has made it to the local post office and should be delivered Monday! Well, as long as there are no complications like a nuclear war, a zombie attack the apocalypse you know, complications.....ah crap now I'm paranoid again :eek:
oh and apparently J. Geils is resting in Smyrna, TN, which is just a hop skip and a jump from here and where Paranoid was, where Alice and Jefferson are is anybody's guess???? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back