4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! :bowing:
Just booted up the PC and had a look on QQ and saw this thread, an Atlantic, 2 Warners and a Grunt Quadio, I will be buying them all! :51QQ

...... having successfully tested the Coronation Ale on Friday I went down the pub last night and drank it for real, so I did at first wonder if I was hallucinating this :ROFLMAO:

Right, 4 different artists/titles. One Atlantic, Two Warners, One Grunt!
OMG, somehow last night in all the excitement, I missed this post!

I’ll update my wish list with:

AWB
- or

Nightmares ...And Other Tales From The Vinyl Jungle

and

Spitfire (or any Jefferson will be great including an outlier ‘Papa John Creach’)

wow! 🤩 nice one! 🥳
this has come out of nowhere but must've been some time in the planning stages, thanks for the scoop - and they're coming so soon, seemingly all on the same day! 😋

are they on Blu-ray? will they include Stereo as well as the Quad?

is it one album per jewel case release rather than the multi album sets of Chicago & The Doobies because there's only one album available in Quad of each artist for Rhino to remaster this time round?

will they be limited edition print runs as per the previous Quadio releases?
Could be they've seen how the quad SACD's, from Dutton Vocalion, are selling, and they want to get in on that market. Releasing them on Blu-ray makes sense, since more people can play that format in surround than SACD. I've seen several BD-A titles come with a separate stereo CD, as well.

I think I can tell you that they will be BluRay Audios with stereo and quad mixes. They will pretty much be just like the Chicago Quadio Box and Doobies releases. They will be, well, Awesome!!

I am sure that ForagingRhino worked incredibly hard behind the scenes to get these things released. I am pleased that the forum is solidly behind them, and hope we can show WB/Rhino that there still is a market for high resolution multichannel discs.

Also, I am very honored that Steve chose to make this announcement at this forum. That says a lot about this membership, which makes me sort of proud, you know?

Release the whole bloody lot. This group of addicts will buy them all.
yep! 👍 100% i'm up for buying Quadio Blu-ray's of WEA's entire Quad catalogue, every single one of them ❤️

if they could release Quadios of albums such as the 3 x Spinners, 2 x James Taylor's, the AWB, 2 x Graham Central Station's, the Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway Quads & 2 x Eagles.. we would be in absolute dream come true territory afaic 😍

Hi everybody.
4 new Quadios scheduled for June 23, 2023. Individual releases in those super jewel cases to set them apart from Compact Discs. Will be available from the rhino web store. Probably 30 bucks each.
Wait! Will they be blu-rays (like the rest of the series) in super jewel cases, or SACD’s (which are normally found in those cases)? 🤔

it would be cool if it was something not previously on Quad Reel to Reel, as the Jefferson Starship Quads were, maybe Hot Tuna's Burgers which was Q8 only but really any of the Jefferson Starship stuff would make for very welcome Quadio release since there's some great music there and hopefully a sonic upgrade in the process because i remember the Grunt CD-4's i have were fairly grunt-gey sounding 🤞
Ooooh. How about "Wurst of Jefferson Airplane?" Q8 (not sure about reel) and no vinyl version. That would be amazing

Back