4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aha!
I clicked on the animation which made it a little larger…now I see the snakeskin background on the green and yellow one 🐍
At first all I could think of was the Oregon Ducks 🦆
Do I watch too much college football?! 🏈
I know, I was panic stricken there for a minute when I could not place the font on a Cooper release. I kept thinking is there a Deep Purple release with the font style. And then as if the smoke cleared... it was revealed.

Listening to the stereo versions of Billion Dollar Babies and Nightmares on YouTube through headphones, I'd surmise that these are going to make really good quadraphonic presentations. I don't hear any excessive compression or "dense centers" like with much of the arena rock of the 80's and onward. And the stereo panning on some songs should make for some really dynamic four channel wildness.

Someone back in the thread had doubts that Alice and Sabbath would be delivered with one single batch of four titles. And it did seem too good to be true. But then again, there's nothing like starting off this round off with a giant splash.

Two weeks is not really that far away either. I need to decide what to fix for food. I'm thinking Bass ale on ice, choice of beef or chicken tacos with soft grilled corn tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, salsa, and cheddar cheese. And finally indulge a double shot of Baileys Irish Cream poured over gourmet vanilla ice cream for desert which should hit the spot after a buzzed late night of listening. 😇

Last edited:
Listening to the stereo versions of Billion Dollar Babies and Nightmares on YouTube through headphones, I'd surmise that these are going to make really good quadraphonic presentations. I don't hear any excessive compression or "dense centers" like with much of the arena rock of the 80's and onward. And the stereo panning on some songs should make for some really dynamic four channel wildness.
Indeed, there is an open "air" about these mixes that is so appealing, not dense centers, and it's not a phony echo like like a fake stereo effect either (or when quad is done right). Analog qualities delivered in the best digital format really is the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Regarding J-Geils, the only version of Nightmare I've heard is CD-4.
Paranoid, I've heard the quad reel version
Red Octopus, I've heard the quad reel version
Billion Dollar Babies, I own the DVD-Audio version with 5.1.

Babies was only offered on Q8 and CD-4, neither of which I've heard. This true quad on BDA will be an ass kicker. The more I talk about this, I'd say the Alice Cooper title is a shining star here!!

Well, I slept solidly for 5 hours tonight, which is rare for me; musta got lost and all tuckered out yesterday :smokin

I'm liking the acoustic guitar parts of this, and the general production. I did see Geils on this tour at the Bayfront Center in St. Pete Florida. Gary Wright opened the show with his new album at the time called "Dream Weaver."

And then much later I got to casually know Peter Wolf, such a cool guy and easy to talk to. He actually came into my work more than once and asked for me by name, making me feel damn cool with my coworkers at the time. That is how cool this guy is. So I have always liked them, and have a special place for their best albums which this is one of. Also a very dynamic stage performer leaping around the stage like a frog on crank!

Last edited:
Regarding J-Geils, the only version of Nightmare I've heard is CD-4.
Paranoid, I've heard the quad reel version
Red Octopus, I've heard the quad reel version
Billion Dollar Babies, I own the DVD-Audio version with 5.1.

Babies was only offered on Q8 and CD-4, neither of which I've heard. This true quad on BDA will be an ass kicker. The more I talk about this, I'd say the Alice Cooper title is a shining star here!!
Oh there are some parts brought up in the quad mix on B$B not found on the stereo mix at all. It's one of those very different ones, nearly on the Aqualung level. But just something to consider, the thunderous drive of "Elected" such as the opening chords just before the vocals come in is much less bass/guitar driven, and more delicate and spacious, same with "No More Mr. Nice Guy" they don't sound as heavy. I'm fine with it because Alice's vocals sound so good on the entire album, and it shows off a good system well sonically. Hoping Kevin Gray dialed in the bass nicely (but left the airy wide spaciousness) if it was he who did the mastering here.

Paranoid has "Planet Caravan" I am so looking forward to, along with "Fairies Wear Boots" without the hiss levels found on the QR.

Wow, you visit QQ at 11:15 PM, go to sleep, and check it out the next morning and it's Christmas!!
So glad all of these are really decent albums (at least, if you are a rocker).
I am so happy that Paranoid is on the list. I don't have to justify purchasing any of these four. They are all no brainers. Yipppeeee!!!

Interesting you guys are FAST. I started on this page and had to go back to page 46 to see what all is about. It seem 4Ears really nailed it.

I ordered the last MQA J Geils Band CD mini LP group (4) from CDJapan and actually wondered why Nightmares was not included, and MOFI recently released The Morning After, now I know why?

Back