4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listened to Sabbath and I was impressed.

I finished Alice Cooper, and I like my 5.1 DVD-A better.
I am listening now to J. Geils.
Both Geils and Cooper seem heavy in the rears. I want them to be opopiste.
I went heavier in the front.
Vocals in the rear, I do not like, memories of TYA-A Space In Time DVD.

I do have my bass management on, directions say to turn bass management off. Usually doesn't matter on the mix?

Any others feel like I do?

EDIT: That was the problem. I listened to my ripped version through my JRiver set at a true 4.0 and sounds fine.
I was listening to the hard disc via BD player and sounded weird due to the bass management on.
So rears being very active does not bother you as much now? Or bass is just better without any manipulation or management?
You can by the way edit your entire post, as nobody has quoted it.

I'm a big fan of plenty of action in surrounds. Far too many quad mixes (and 5.1 for that matter) that do not use them enough. So when rears are very active and loud I never have an issue. But perfectly balanced L&R and Front to Back is ideal for me.

No center or sub for me either. I thought directions say to turn off bass management if you have full size speakers and not those satellites plus sub. Of course you do have full size cabinets.

I guess I'll order this once back in stock
I would not wait. I can just see it now, we moved the remaining 2,500 units to fulfillment and they are now all gone as well. A repress is happening, but the plant is backed up and it could take some months, maybe by the end of the year we can have it back in stock, sorry snoozers!!!

Face it. The older you get, the less tolerance you have for the popular songs that you've heard played to death your whole life. Songs that you loved and played over and over, yet when they appear on your radio or stream you skip over them just because you've reached saturation level.

That's what's cool about these Quadio's. You get to hear and discover the tracks that have not been burned out in your brain over the years, so if you skip the "Iron Man" or "Elected", there's plenty of other good tunes to enjoy in their quadraphonic splendor.

Often times, having a surround version of a song you are sick of can regen your interest in the tune. At least that's what I've found for me.

You are wrong. I still love The Sweet's Little Willy.

I would not wait. I can just see it now, we moved the remaining 2,500 units to fulfillment and they are now all gone as well. A repress is happening, but the plant is backed up and it could take some months, maybe by the end of the year we can have it back in stock, sorry snoozers!!!

Ok, I will after the surround master gets here. I try to be backordered on only one thing at a time.

Scarcity increases demand...

I've had family issues in the last week and have not been online much. I saw the releases once and when I got back yesterday, it said sold out for Paranoid (the one I want). Did I miss my shot at getting it?

EDIT: Nevermind, after searching I managed to preorder on Warner Music Canada (with cheaper shipping since I'm in Canada). I say preorder because the release date is July 7th.

Last edited:
I've had family issues in the last week and have not been online much. I saw the releases once and when I got back yesterday, it said sold out for Paranoid (the one I want). Did I miss my shot at getting it?

EDIT: Nevermind, after searching I managed to preorder on Warner Music Canada (with cheaper shipping since I'm in Canada). I say preorder because the release date is July 7th.
So Rhino didnt see all 5000 Sabbath? Or did they and Canada don't get any!!?

If you have a decent sub or two and any kind of room eq/dsp found an almost every modern avr none of that full range speakers all around matters anymore.Just don't want people to think they are missing out on something when they won't!
I have Bose double cubes and a sub and quad stuff sounds thin on my system. I have had had conversions that full range speakers would make the difference. Educate me before I buy some full range speakers because I don’t know how to get the sound out of 4.0 that I do 5.1.

I have Bose double cubes and a sub and quad stuff sounds thin on my system. I have had had conversions that full range speakers would make the difference. Educate me before I buy some full range speakers because I don’t know how to get the sound out of 4.0 that I do 5.1.
We all get off topic in threads myself included. Kindly saying I think you would get more info on this issue in a another thread.

Mine are 2 1/2 hours west of me. They been there since early Saturday. I thought I would have received them today. Dang. Hopefully Wednesday or Thursday

Received shipping notices early last Tuesday for Paranoid on its own with the other 3 in the same shipment. All I’m getting on the UPS tracking is “On the way” so I have no idea when they will show up.

Seeing folks on here already cranking Paranoid I really hope they come this week but I’m guessing early next week for me.

Back